Is it possible to reset or un-program Hagen midi setting

I have everything working on my Hagen, MFC-100, and G-Major 2. The issue is that my Diezel is responding to presets I don't want it to.

For instance; I have 0-9 presets programmed to my Hagen but preset 10 changes my channel when it should not. I want this to change something on my G-Major. So my question is can I tell my Hagen not to response to P9? Essentially un-assigning the preset.

A work around is to change the preset number button #10 sends. So I could change button 10 to send P050 instead of P009. This would be a pain and I would like to avoid mixing a bunch of random preset numbers.

So is it possible to un-assign a midi program on a Hagen?

Thanks,
Donnie

Normally you would assign a midi channel to the device in question, so Hagen on 1 and g-major on 2 then you tell each channel what change you want to happen - are you sending via omni mode to each device?

webrthomson":1bwlkzzs said:
Normally you would assign a midi channel to the device in question, so Hagen on 1 and g-major on 2 then you tell each channel what change you want to happen - are you sending via omni mode to each device?

Agree this is the only easy way to do it.
Each device on a separate midi channel.

Take the g-major 2 out of the equation. Let's say I unplug it all together.

My MFC-101 is still plugged into my Hagen. g-major 2 is unplugged and in the closet.

When I select P2 I change to channel 2. So far, so good. When I bank up p2 becomes p12. Evidently this p12 was once set to change to channel 4. I only want my Hagen to change to the p1 - p4 codes. This way when I bank up nothing happens on my amp.

A hard reset would work also.

Thanks,
Donnie

donniecrump":18zg1nkg said:
Take the g-major 2 out of the equation. Let's say I unplug it all together.

My MFC-101 is still plugged into my Hagen. g-major 2 is unplugged and in the closet.

When I select P2 I change to channel 2. So far, so good. When I bank up p2 becomes p12. Evidently this p12 was once set to change to channel 4. I only want my Hagen to change to the p1 - p4 codes. This way when I bank up nothing happens on my amp.

A hard reset would work also.

Thanks,
Donnie

So, if I understand right, you want to hit patch 12 and the amp remain on the same channel with the g-major patch changing? I'd try setting the midi channel send in patch 12 to be the same for the Hagen channel as the preceding patch.

What happens if you set the MFC-101 to send the midi channel that the amp is already on, so patch 2 (on the Hagen midi channel) sends 2, patch 12 (on the Hagen midi channel) sends 2 etc.?

It does seem slightly count intuitive that you want to send a patch change to the amp but it not to do anything? Unfortunately my midi knowledge is not deep enough to know if there is a "no message" that you could send in this case and I’ve never tried to do this myself.

No. The G-Major is not plugged in right now. Only my MFC to my Hagen. G-Major will be plugged in at a later date. Still working on getting everything else fine tuned.

I can re-program my MFC to send different p codes but I was trying to avoid that. Technically I could program the Hagen to respond to p12 as it would to p2 or assign p12 to send p2. I was just curious if there was a way around having to do that.

But yes, eventually my G-Major will be part of my rig.

donniecrump":2vl9uu5u said:
I have everything working on my Hagen, MFC-100, and G-Major 2. The issue is that my Diezel is responding to presets I don't want it to.

For instance; I have 0-9 presets programmed to my Hagen but preset 10 changes my channel when it should not. I want this to change something on my G-Major. So my question is can I tell my Hagen not to response to P9? Essentially un-assigning the preset.

A work around is to change the preset number button #10 sends. So I could change button 10 to send P050 instead of P009. This would be a pain and I would like to avoid mixing a bunch of random preset numbers.

So is it possible to un-assign a midi program on a Hagen?

Thanks,
Donnie

No reset possible. Just re store your midi programs.

donniecrump":2qqv21pj said:
No. The G-Major is not plugged in right now. Only my MFC to my Hagen. G-Major will be plugged in at a later date. Still working on getting everything else fine tuned.

I can re-program my MFC to send different p codes but I was trying to avoid that. Technically I could program the Hagen to respond to p12 as it would to p2 or assign p12 to send p2. I was just curious if there was a way around having to do that.

But yes, eventually my G-Major will be part of my rig.

I don't know enough about your MFC to be able to answer that question but the voodoo labs Ground control Pro that I use does not send the change message if it's the same between patches (from the Ground control pro manual:)

"NOTE: The Ground Control automatically filters redundant program changes when presets are recalled to avoid audible glitches. So if you change from one preset to another that has the same MIDI program specified, it won’t send the program change command again."

It would be worth finding out if the MFC does this too as that would achieve what you are trying to do, right? :)

The joy of MIDI!

Back