NAMM 2017

Vin Diezel":2wvtw7b2 said:
What does Peter Stapfer wanna say in the Video at 7:20
https://youtu.be/7h8qOoF3RH0?t=437 ?

Does the VH2 through a k100 sound more like a VH4 through V30?
I did not get that. :confused:

I think he was saying most people are used to hearing the v30 and one should keep that in mind when comparing this demo to vh4. I think he then transitions into the vh2 sounds VERY close. The different pcb layout will slightly alter the tone for those with very keen ears.

Can't wait to hear more about big max. Single channel 50 Watt is all I need in a. Amp. Plus my sons name is max also. Looking forward to some good demos of it!

sourkraut":2ug8t5rj said:
Count me in on the Big Max!
Would it be possible to make the two inputs footswitchable via a ABY box?
Well of course. I suspect that is part of Peter's idea behind this amp, especially since Peter S. comments multiple times about how it's an amp for the "pedal freaks."

RJF":1bpzqf2x said:
sourkraut":1bpzqf2x said:
Count me in on the Big Max!
Would it be possible to make the two inputs footswitchable via a ABY box?
Well of course. I suspect that is part of Peter's idea behind this amp, especially since Peter S. comments multiple times about how it's an amp for the "pedal freaks."

Some amps can't work like that (JCM 800 probably the most famous example).

I am still drooling over the Paul, but interested in the Big Max and Vh2. Both amps seem to capture the Diezel vibe without losing that glorious low end. Nice work. Did I say I am in love with the Paul? Best regards.

The Big Max was pretty impressive, the Krautster with it didn't hurt at all. I will be trying the VH4 pedal soon, and anxious to see how it sounds. I owned a very early VH4S, and never connected with it. Was always sterile to me, no matter how I tried it, different cabs, guitars etc. other guys make them sound amazing, just passed it along. I have heard the pedal can be more forgiving, and having it with a different power section may get it more into my realm. That it can be a ful, on preamp, OR a pedal in front of an amp is pretty cool to me. Want to hear it with a Power station. Also, how does the super annoying German guy constantly do demos with the big manufacturers? One of the most annoying people on any demos. Not a guy I would want talking about my product.

Hardvalve":1498wrkr said:
The Big Max was pretty impressive, the Krautster with it didn't hurt at all. I will be trying the VH4 pedal soon, and anxious to see how it sounds. I owned a very early VH4S, and never connected with it. Was always sterile to me, no matter how I tried it, different cabs, guitars etc. other guys make them sound amazing, just passed it along. I have heard the pedal can be more forgiving, and having it with a different power section may get it more into my realm. That it can be a ful, on preamp, OR a pedal in front of an amp is pretty cool to me. Want to hear it with a Power station. Also, how does the super annoying German guy constantly do demos with the big manufacturers? One of the most annoying people on any demos. Not a guy I would want talking about my product.

I think he is pretty polarizing.
I really do like his reviews. He is a honest guy, with great chops and he has a special way to demo gear.
Have you watched many of his videos? When I first saw one I was pretty annoyed, too, but after 4-5 videos, I actually started to like his way.

Back