Herbert channel 1 volume difference

IntenseSH

Hey guys, for those that have a Herbert, is the volume in channel 1 lower than channel 2 and 3 at the same volume know positions? I've had some problems with my Herbert (losing volume and sound turning muddy after a few minutes of playing, especially after changing channels), after testing extensively (tubes, sockets, inputs, loops, cables) the sound has now stabilized with new power tubes and the original preamp tubes, except v4 because that one broke. I'm reluctant to switch preamp tubes again because I did a lot of swapping during the testing and it didn't solve the problem. Now at least the sound is stable I would rather leave it this way. But am wondering about the volume difference though.

More headroom, but less loudness.
I always run the clean volume up because it doesn't have a gain control.
My Hagen clean does have volume and gain so the volume position isn't as radically different

So do you have to set your channel 1 volume higher to have the same volume across all channels? I need to set my channel 1 volume about 15-20% higher.

the clean channel on my herbert is actually louder than channels 2 and 3 when set at the exact same channel volume level.

Back