General Diezel Question...

JerEvil

So I am looking for something new. Most of my amps are in the hot rodded Marshall camp.

Currently have:
• Friedman Pink Taco
• Splawn Quick Rod (Low B+)
• Fryette Deliverance 120
• Henning Bottle Rocket

I am looking for something aggressive but most importantly NOT Marshall flavored. I like what I have heard from the Paul and Hagen. Also interested in the new VH2. I am looking for something to cover sounds from modern Power Metal like Primal Fear to heavier stuff like Legion Of The Damned

Thanks!

JerEvil":3bzep3yf said:
So I am looking for something new. Most of my amps are in the hot rodded Marshall camp.

Currently have:
• Friedman Pink Taco
• Henning Bottle Rocket

I am looking for something aggressive but most importantly NOT Marshall flavored. I like what I have heard from the Paul and Hagen. Also interested in the new VH2. I am looking for something to cover sounds from modern Power Metal like Primal Fear to heavier stuff like Legion Of The Damned

Thanks!

That's not quite my genre, but the Hagen could be just right for you.
If you're also a bit into classic rock/new wave of british heavy metal, you might want to chek out the D-Moll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yr6pv_RaKE

Also the Einstein, which you can't buy new anymore, could do your job:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zis1wX0Bocw

Make sure you're running a proper cabinet :)

sourkraut":2ilq7d1o said:
JerEvil":2ilq7d1o said:

Currently have:
• Friedman Pink Taco
• Henning Bottle Rocket

Thanks!

That's not quite my genre, but the Hagen could be just right for you.
If you're also a bit into classic rock/new wave of british heavy metal, you might want to chek out the D-Moll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yr6pv_RaKE

Also the Einstein, which you can't buy new anymore, could do your job:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zis1wX0Bocw

Make sure you're running a proper cabinet :)
Covered on the cab front (2x Splawn 212's with Creamback 65's and Marshall MF400 w/K100's...)

Checking out some Hagen vids now...

JerEvil":s67kljhb said:

Currently have:
• Friedman Pink Taco
• Henning Bottle Rocket

Thanks!
I would actually say the new VH2 or Big Max. You obviously like stripped down simple amps from your list and both of those fit that bill, especially Big Max that I am betting is going to be a killer little amp for the money.

If you are wanting bells and whistles I would say a VH4 or Hagen. They will sound way different from what you have yet still be very aggressive. Herbert and Dmoll are probably too "polished" and modern 7 string metal for what you are after.

I agree with the cab, I'd get a different cab. Creambacks are not very metal and I personally don't like K100's at all. That, and your cabs are all rear loaded. Might want to think about a Diezel FL, VHT Fatbottom, ENGL, or a newer Uberkab to name a few. V30's are your friend. Not to mention, a new cab will really help get you a new sound. I've found when trying to test many heads through the same cab, they all quickly become a blur and sound really close. The cab makes a big difference.

RJF":ok1gjd79 said:
JerEvil":ok1gjd79 said:

Currently have:
• Friedman Pink Taco
• Henning Bottle Rocket

Thanks!
I would actually say the new VH2 or Big Max. You obviously like stripped down simple amps from your list and both of those fit that bill, especially Big Max that I am betting is going to be a killer little amp for the money.

If you are wanting bells and whistles I would say a VH4 or Hagen. They will sound way different from what you have yet still be very aggressive. Herbert and Dmoll are probably too "polished" and modern 7 string metal for what you are after.

I agree with the cab, I'd get a different cab. Creambacks are not very metal and I personally don't like K100's at all. That, and your cabs are all rear loaded. Might want to think about a Diezel FL, VHT Fatbottom, ENGL, or a newer Uberkab to name a few. V30's are your friend. Not to mention, a new cab will really help get you a new sound. I've found when trying to test many heads through the same cab, they all quickly become a blur and sound really close. The cab makes a big difference.
I think we may disagree on the Creamback thing. I play lots of metal (InFlames, Destruction, Behemoth) and I feel they hold up pretty well. Also, doesn't Diezel ship 4x12's with K100's? I would assume the MF cab would be a solid fit for the Diezel stuff. Not trying to be snarky at all.

I do agree that many high gain amps through the same cab will start to sound the same so I am not opposed to the idea of something different. Definitely don't want too polished of an amp. Want it to be as aggressive and pissed as possible. Both the VH4 and Hagen look awesome. I dabble in Death Metal like Zyklon, Hate, Lost Soul, Vader but am more at home with thrash and power metal.

JerEvil":m0j59pkg said:
RJF":m0j59pkg said:
JerEvil":m0j59pkg said:

Currently have:
• Friedman Pink Taco
• Henning Bottle Rocket

Thanks!

I think we may disagree on the Creamback thing. I play lots of metal (InFlames, Destruction, Behemoth) and I feel they hold up pretty well. Also, doesn't Diezel ship 4x12's with K100's? I would assume the MF cab would be a solid fit for the Diezel stuff. Not trying to be snarky at all.

I do agree that many high gain amps through the same cab will start to sound the same so I am not opposed to the idea of something different. Definitely don't want too polished of an amp. Want it to be as aggressive and pissed as possible. Both the VH4 and Hagen look awesome. I dabble in Death Metal like Zyklon, Hate, Lost Soul, Vader but am more at home with thrash and power metal.

V30s are THE speaker for Diezels, IMO. My D-Moll sounded pretty lackluster through the Whitebox 212 I had loaded with G12M-65s. I would throw in a recommendation for the Lil Fokker too. I loved that amp.

I would say try a Herbert. I am biased because I own one but truly astounding in all aspects.

I've been very happy with K100's with just about everything except my 2203. It's been particularly good with my D-Moll. I have a VHT Fatbottom 412 with P50E's and K100's in an X pattern, a Genz Benz G-Flex with K85's (same as K100's), and a Mills Mach 212B with V30's. The Genz Benz cab sounds best with the Diezel--even better than the Fatbottom.

dirtyfunkg":23mceskm said:
I've been very happy with K100's with just about everything except my 2203. It's been particularly good with my D-Moll. I have a VHT Fatbottom 412 with P50E's and K100's in an X pattern, a Genz Benz G-Flex with K85's (same as K100's), and a Mills Mach 212B with V30's. The Genz Benz cab sounds best with the Diezel--even better than the Fatbottom.

-SHHHHHHHH!!!-the G-FLEX cabs are almost under the radar right now!! I'm gonna buy them all and corner the market!!!

Back