Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Wed, Apr 26, 2017 4:32pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 1:33pm 
Hack

What am I walking into ? if I don't like I have the option to return it. so I took a gamble without playing it.....

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 1:51pm 
Journeyman NOOB

Diezels have a unique voice , you'll probably love it but there's no telling.. it's so personal..

What amp do you play right now?
What bands / albums do you like?

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 2:02pm 
Hack

Right now I have a MC25 which I really do Love but I am moving a couple states north soon so I'm trying to condense my rig. Looking for something that can do clean post rock stuff all the way to high on fire, Converge, Heavy rock. Not a 7 string metal player but Def on the heavier side of things !

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 3:24pm 
Rock God

It can do all that but at 50 watts expect a little less girth though diezel are FAT and dont expect over the the top saturated gring but yes it will do thrash with aplomb.

The caveats are the limited switching and whether or not you like the darker NON MARSHALL voicing.

I love my 100 watter.

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78

WTF you reading this tiny shit for anyway?

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 3:35pm 
Journeyman NOOB

Dylheaven27 wrote:
Right now I have a MC25 which I really do Love but I am moving a couple states north soon so I'm trying to condense my rig. Looking for something that can do clean post rock stuff all the way to high on fire, Converge, Heavy rock. Not a 7 string metal player but Def on the heavier side of things !

This is a wizard mc25?
I had a mc100 for a while.
Wizards are great amps as well.
Really apples and oranges compared to Diezels.
They're on opposite ends of the spectrum in regards to compression.
Neither of them is fizzy.
Diezels have more gain yet the amps response is controllable.
The MC is more unwieldy.

Personally I think Diezels are more modern sounding, more versatile,
also much better sounding at low volumes.
I found the Wizard MC great for Marshall voiced clean to classic rock.
Diezels have their own sound , different from a Marshall but still related , for me better.

Hope these random thoughts help.
Do let us know what you think.

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 3:46pm 
Hack

They do! and I will give a full comparison when it arrives !

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 15, 2017 3:56am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Your lucky

End of this year ill have a budget again. Im thinking to wait and score a schmidt or a einstein.

I have a Herbert and love it. These last couple of years i have been playing more and more clean. So im thinking Schmidt would be perfect for me.
The Einstein will give you an amazing clean channel, singing lead tone and a gritty and if you want a crushing rythem tone.

Enjoy the amp!

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 15, 2017 5:42am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

shadow070 wrote:
Your lucky

End of this year ill have a budget again. Im thinking to wait and score a schmidt or a einstein.

I have a Herbert and love it. These last couple of years i have been playing more and more clean. So im thinking Schmidt would be perfect for me.
The Einstein will give you an amazing clean channel, singing lead tone and a gritty and if you want a crushing rythem tone.

Enjoy the amp!

When you want a good cleansound you should also check out the new Big maX and the Paul.
But the Schmidt is a great amp too, it has a tiny bit of a voxish thing going on.

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16, 2017 5:42am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Well i loved the clips i heard, so im gonna try to score one and see if it fits my need.

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23, 2017 1:22am 
Hack

Got the combo home today. 1st impression just through the 1x12 with a v30 was so so.. then I plugged it into my Wizard 4x12 with g12m greenies, Woah the amp came alive. Killer clean channel with lush reverb. Channel 1 mode 2 awesome light to mid breakup. Mode 3 Awesome Jcm-800 tones. Channel 2 is all the gain someone would want. Really stunning amp can't believe I haven't tried a Diezel until now.

:rock:

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 24, 2017 10:52pm 
Hack

Anyone know if I can order a empty headshell for it ?

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 01, 2017 12:10pm 
Hack

Need some opinions I love the diezel so far really digging the tones I can get out of it. But the reverb has stopped working on me. And I will probably have to have a custom headshell built for me. After all those repairs I'm probably looking at 400$ do I keep the Einstein or return it and spend the extra $ on a D-moll ?

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 01, 2017 1:20pm 
Rock God

Dylheaven27 wrote:
Need some opinions I love the diezel so far really digging the tones I can get out of it. But the reverb has stopped working on me. And I will probably have to have a custom headshell built for me. After all those repairs I'm probably looking at 400$ do I keep the Einstein or return it and spend the extra $ on a D-moll ?

They dont sound the same. I own both.

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 01, 2017 2:10pm 
Hack

whats the big differences ? i pretty much live on channel 1 mode 3 if that helps !

Thanks for the info ! :rock:

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 01, 2017 5:34pm 
Rock God

Dylheaven27 wrote:
whats the big differences ? i pretty much live on channel 1 mode 3 if that helps !

Thanks for the info ! :rock:

Ok that mode is like channel 2 on dmoll. Those two are similar. Dmoll has more and fuzzier low mids. More saturation. Slightly tighter feel. I go for einstein when I want more vintage or more clear. Similar to the vh4 hagen differences.

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 01, 2017 6:07pm 
Hack

So if you could save the Einstein or the d-moll HAHA I just don't want to loose the diezel take on marshall all the clips I've heard of the d- moll sound really nice. so its a hard decision.

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13, 2017 1:04am 
Hack

Totally off topic does anyone know what the reverb tube is and position? I am getting nothing from the reverb on either channel hoping its just a tube.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 14, 2017 10:38am 
Diezel Amplification

V7 = 12AT7

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 14, 2017 2:12pm 
Hack

Thanks Peter !!! This is my 1st Diezel already looking to get a D-moll or a Vh2. :rock: