Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Fri, Jul 21, 2017 3:44am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: VH4 with Recto 2x12?
PostPosted: Sat, Apr 15, 2017 12:32pm 
Apprentice NOOB

I am contemplating picking up a used VH4. Ideally, I would get a Diezel cab, but due to space constraints, I am considering going with the Mesa 212 Recto. I was curious if anyone here is running that particular combo? I have found the Recto 212 can be a bit boomy with some amps, yet it seems to sound great with the Mesa Mark series.

91 PRS Artist I
00 PRS Santana P Stock Tiger Eye
Hamer Vector Korina
89 Kramer Stagemaster Deluxe
GMP Cheetah
Friedman Small Box combo
Mesa Mark V combo

Post subject: Re: VH4 with Recto 2x12?
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 17, 2017 11:51am 
Supah Stah

I've had that setup. Sounded great to me. VH4 wasn't at all boomy with that can (or any other I used). But a 4x12 takes up the same floor space. Unless you just can't fit a 4x12 in your car and would need to, I'd just get a 4x12.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 17, 2017 2:35pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

It should sound great. I've seen/heard a lot of guys with the VH4 into Mesa cabs. The Mesa 2X12 is hard to beat. Well built, and a good buy used. I'd go for it.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), TMM (S: Celestion G12T75 speakers), talltxguy (S: Mesa power tubes), and many more.

PostPosted: Tue, May 02, 2017 5:45pm 
Hack

I just bought a Mesa 2 x 12 for my herbert and it sounds killer. The v30's are exactly what I was looking for and was not disappointed. Only 700 new. A bargain by any standard.