Diezel Transformers & Question About VH4s

No.
Yes.

The Hagen & DMoll have the same OT and PT. The VH4 uses a special OT/PT not found in the other offerings.

Wizard of Ozz":1yktcd44 said:
No.
Yes.

The Hagen & DMoll have the same OT and PT. The VH4 uses a special OT/PT not found in the other offerings.

Hmm, I wonder if the VH4 transformer is the secret recipe to its iconic tone kind of like the way the Soldano SLO transformers are supposed to be why it's so great. What about the Paul, does it have the same transformers as the D-Moll? Peter mentioned something about the transformers on their Paul video. It sounded like it's also different from the other Diezels.

SavageRiffer":3uzpd2tl said:
Wizard of Ozz":3uzpd2tl said:
No.
Yes.

Hmm, I wonder if the VH4 transformer is the secret recipe to its iconic tone kind of like the way the Soldano SLO transformers are supposed to be why it's so great. What about the Paul, does it have the same transformers as the D-Moll? Peter mentioned something about the transformers on their Paul video. It sounded like it's also different from the other Diezels.

Negative on the Paul. It's a 50W OT which is different. The transformers in the VH4 are part of it, but also in the filtering and the power amp layout. Not going to give away the recipe to the "secret sauce"... but it's a neat design to say the least. And more importantly... it flat out works. It's more old-school... in a good way. The cool thing about the VH4 is the responsiveness, feel, and attack at all volumes and gain settings. Very linear. Very cool.

The DeYoung OT/PT are really nothing super unique on the SLO... I've played an Avenger 100 with the DeYoung OT/PT (as compared to the MM OT/PT) and it still didn't sound much like an SLO... despite some marketing ads you might read. They are high-quality... and they only make transformers for Mike Soldano an no one else.

cardinal":3k5wdxbw said:
I thought I've read that the VH2 will share at least one of its transformers with the VH4 (or maybe VH4S).

EDIT: Peter said in this thread that it shared the VH4 output transformer. viewtopic.php?t=185851&p=2077413

Yeah but it's still 100w. I wonder if the VH2 will have a similar gain taper to the Lil Fokker. The Lil Fokker had an amazing clean channel and a wide gain range on the dirty channel.

Dylheaven27":1ske1yz9 said:
wonder how close the hagen and dmoll are tone wise? with the same OT AND PT was between the two for awhile,

They do not sound alike to me. The D-Moll has it own thing going. Some people say it's a mix of one Diezel or another, but that's all subjective. It's pretty unique.

Back