Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Thu, Sep 21, 2017 3:49am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri, May 12, 2017 3:24pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I understand there are some additional baffles between the speakers on the inside of the cab. Are the speakers completely isolated from each other? What do these baffles bring to the tone equation?

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 22, 2017 10:31pm 
Immortal Rock God

fearhk213 wrote:
I understand there are some additional baffles between the speakers on the inside of the cab. Are the speakers completely isolated from each other? What do these baffles bring to the tone equation?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, no.

There are support struts as there are in the rear loaded, but I'm not sure what you mean by baffles.

But to the point, FL will give you more omnidirectional sonic projection, RL gives a tighter thumpier note. Both awesome. I tended to gravitate to my FL G12K-100 loaded 412 with my Hagen and VH4. The differences don't truly present themselves until you start pushing some air... So if you're wondering about playing Madison Square Bedroom or actually going out to venues gigging, FL is the way to go for the latter of the two; either FL or RL for up close and personal playing and mic'ing.

Peace
Unkle Mo

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 23, 2017 7:21am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

The construction is different for fl and rl. The front baffling (where the speakers are actually mounted to) does have a unique design I've never seen in another cab. It doesn't separate the speakers all the way but helps to connect the baffle to the cab with more surface connection. There used to be pictures on the Diezel website with these "supports or baffles", there's (4) of them and they look like brackets basically. They make the cab super super tight and more focused. FL cabs will give you more attack which I can tell at most volumes. I've had the opportunity to play the fl and rl side by side

CABS: Friedman 412:15 / Diezel 412FV / Avatar 412-FL-K100 custom

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 24, 2017 10:09am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Tight sound. The Diezel FL cabs are the tightest and most focused/articulate I've played. If you use a lot of gain... and like clear, tight, articulate tone... get one.

:)

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), and many more.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 24, 2017 2:32pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Anyone know if the FL 212 uses a similar design?

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 24, 2017 3:23pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

212 FL is different from 412 FL, but they still use a "bracket" between the speakers, doesn't fully separate them, but not the same as on the 412.
There's still a pic on the Diezel website that shows this on the 212.

CABS: Friedman 412:15 / Diezel 412FV / Avatar 412-FL-K100 custom