Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Oct 17, 2017 9:13pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat, May 27, 2017 4:15pm 
Hack

Hello,

I just bought the Diezel Herbert MKII and the foot controller FS7-HE. I'm currently using the amp with the Diezel 412FC cab.

1. I have used the 8 Ohm speaker output from the amp into the 8 Ohm input of the cab. Is this the recommended connection or should I used the 16 Ohm one? If yes, should it be connected to the 16 Ohm stereo A or the 16 Ohm stereo B of the cab?

2. I have noticed after using the amp for 15 minutes, it is getting very hot, especially the back grill. is it normal?

It would be awesome to have your feedback! Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat, May 27, 2017 5:39pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

1. Yes
2. Yes

Since you are only using 1 4X12 cabinet wired in mono... you want to use the 8 Ohm output jack of the amp to the 8 Ohm mono input jack of the cab.

The amp gets very warm. This is normal.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), and many more.

PostPosted: Sat, May 27, 2017 9:34pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

The MKI I owned got pretty hot and had considerable transformer hum both of which Peter said were completely normal when I emailed him.

I love Walnut

PostPosted: Sun, May 28, 2017 12:26am 
Hack

Awesome! Thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: