MID CUT!?

V87

Hi guys sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't find the answer anywhere online. Can someone please explain the mid cut feature of the Herbert/ D Moll? Does it only scoop the mids out - if so is it the same as lowering the mid on the current channel that you're on but just at the touch of a button ?

Thanks

No it's not the same as the mid
I think the mid cut on the DMoll is at 400 with a tighter Q compared to the mid eq, which seems like a wider Q
Just a guess on my part

Peter would be the best one to give the technical breakdown... but it is most definitely different... much more powerful than turning down the mids knob... more like an active eq or parametric eq. It sounds great and is one of my favorite features. It's also much different than some amps which have a simple push button "scoop" switch.

I love boosting the eq mids to 3 oclock then use the mid cut to dial in brootz...or leave it off for searing mid solos or low gain classic stuff.
That mid cut is more than juts a 400 mid cut- it's the quality of it that is so intoxicating. I tried a lot of other outboard eq gear and never came close to the same coolness

The mid knob has probably a center frequency of 1000Hz and a broad Q.
The mid cut is at 400Hz and has a more narrow Q.
They're quite different in what they do.

Back