Diezel Herbert + 2x12 - Correct Wiring

Hi Folks!

I got my Herbie today and wanted to hook it up to the 2x12 cab. As I am aware outputransformers do not like mismatch I am trying to be absolute sure I have hooked it up the correct way. I would like to hook it up in Stereo and I gues that means I will take the two speaker connections, each 4 Ohm and connect it to both 4 Ohms on the Herbert? Is this correct?

Thanks really in advance!

BR Adam

Seriously?

Why not use the mono input of the cab?

The 4 Ohm out of the Herbert is for using 2 8Ohm cabs/speakers with separate cables.. The internal wiring of the 4 Ohm out is parallel. So you need two 8 Ohm speakers: 1 at each of the two outputs to get there.
Here's the math:

R = 1/(1/R + 1/R)

R = 1/(1/8Ohms +1/8 Ohms)

R = 1/ 1/4Ohms

R = 4 Ohms

But that does not have anything to do with "stereo"!

So you mean I should attach it mono - is this correct like I have done in the picture?

Thanks!

Adam

Attachments

• IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 967
Looks right, I always prefer 16 ohm cabs, but a DMM can make things less complicated so you know for sure

So I have now the same confusion and tried clarifying it with a multimeter - I have plugged in the cable in the exact position (Mono 4 Ohms / Speaker A).
When using a standard speaker cable (mono), which my dealer suggested, I measure a resistance of 8-8.5 Ohms.
When using a stereo instrument cable I get the desired value of 4 Ohms. Is this difference normal or is this a switche input jack which is dependent on the cable I use?

have a nice day!

BR Luke

Back