Cab options for VH4S

mjsb1

Hi Guys

Just recently joined the Diezel club after picking up a VH4S, super excited to be finally building the rig I've dreamed of for quite some time.

Looking for cabs at the moment, 4x12 sadly isn't an option due to space and levels. I've been considering the Diezel FL and RL 2x12 options, however, as I plan on making a good use of stereo effects (Eventide) I'm wondering if there will be much of a stereo spread with the 2x12 or would I be better off with a set of 1x12s?

I'd appreciate any input from fellow VH4S users.

I've used a VH4S with a pair of Diezel 1x12s. It sounded pretty cool. IMHO stereo seems cool but just isn't worth the hassle. I ended up running wet/dry and was happier. So I'd suggest a bigger cab for the dry side (as big as you can fit) and then just a 1x12 will do fine for the wet side.

cardinal":2lzwx4n4 said:
I've used a VH4S with a pair of Diezel 1x12s. It sounded pretty cool. IMHO stereo seems cool but just isn't worth the hassle. I ended up running wet/dry and was happier. So I'd suggest a bigger cab for the dry side (as big as you can fit) and then just a 1x12 will do fine for the wet side.

Well, I'll admit I completely forgot/overlooked the fact Diezel even made 1x12s (don't imagine they still do mind you) as they're pretty hard come by. I'm pretty pleased that I have the option to run a wet/dry rig but for the style of music I do and effects playing a key role, keeping the stereo is pretty important to me. Had you tried the stereo at all through a 2x12 at any point as a comparison?

Back