Might sell my VH4 .. not sure

heinz57

Might do it to fund a guitar purchase ...

1. Would the VH4 pedal through a voxish or deluxe reverb type amp keep me happy until I can rejoin the the VH4 club?
2. My VH4 is from 2008 what's a reasonable asking price these days?

Thanks John

I owned a 2013 vh4 and i had to sell it a few yrs ago to fund a guitar and i missed the amp alot and decided to try a vh4 pedal with a dr. Z prescription amp and also with the clean ch on some of my other amps, and its a similar vibe and is prob my fav highgain pedal but its still not the same, the feel was different and the tone wasnt close enough for me, so i ended up buying back my old vh4 a month ago and couldnt be happier. If you wanna get similar and have the diezel flavor then yes the pedal will be fine and is really good, i love the feel of the vh4 and had to get another one.

Same for me. Owned 3 VH4s.
They got traded or sold thru time. Bought the pedal. It was good.
But the VH4 Amp is GREAT. :yes:
Can't replace it. So if your loving the VH4 Amp. Keep it. :yes:

I picked up a quad of smicz tads/tacs a while back too, so my VH4 is a loud 8 watts, combined with the awesome master volume its perfect for me as I mainly play at home for fun.

The only minus is the VH4 is not really portable or a quick set up for jams at friends houses. Most places people are rocking 20 to 30 watt 1x12 combos. Besides being a weighty beast and requiring multiple trips to the car, I think some other guitarist are alarmed by the overall size of the rig for a jam with out a drummer.

What are people using for 1x12 combos situations ... if they don't wanna haul the beast? I see the PRS Archon is gaining in popularity. Anybody tried the helix and a powered speaker ... can it do channel 3? How is the helix in front of the VH4 or in the loop as an effects only device with the VH4?

Now that the VH2 is out ... what are we thinking will happen to used prices of vh4s in the future? I don't wanna sell the vh4 to find I can't afford to buy one again in a year or two.

So I moved my VH4 out of my practice area to see ... if I can live with out it. Its been a few days.

Back