Diezel Einstein 100W VS 50W

loic

I discovered Diezel with the Einstein combo 50W some years ago ... maybe the best High Gain combo that i've never heard!

Are there some differences between Einstein (head) 100W and 50W other than power?
What do you think about these amps?

thanks for you answer! :rock: :rock:

I've just missed the sale of an einstein 50W head few days ago : perfect condition 800€ :cry:

loic":ydoz94fp said:
I discovered Diezel with the Einstein combo 50W some years ago ... maybe the best High Gain combo that i've never heard!

Are there some differences between Einstein (head) 100W and 50W other than power?
What do you think about these amps?

That's funny ! :D
It was exactly the same for me !!! It all started with the Einstein combo few years ago another band had... But when I finished saving to get a brand new one, they stopped production, so I went with D-Moll instead and was happy, but always missed this organic sound of Einstein. Later I got VH4, but could not never forget Einstein so traded my D-moll for an Einstein combo few months ago and back to honey moon.

Concerning difference between 50W and 100W, I have always heard/read that 100W is more open, more headroom, more everything... But I seriously have not been able to hear any difference.

When searching on RT, I found a post from Herr Peter Diezel who said that the Einstein Combo was coming with the same transformers than the 100W version to avoid over heating !!???
Can someone knowledgeable (or Peter himself ?) please tell me what is the impact on the sound to have a 50W power section with 100W transformers ???

Whatever the answer is, I have yet to find an Einstein that sounds bad to my ears... :rock:

loic":2l8c6p4d said:
so you still prefer einstein than VH4? ;)

I have never said that !!! :LOL: :LOL:
Different beasts for different situation I would say...

I love both, and will never let them go :rock:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=168242&p=1889878&hilit=diezel+einstein+combo+transformers#p1890618

"The combo has the 100 watt main transformer
to avoid getting too hot. Maybe this was the wrong
decision. To lower the bias helps maybe a bit."

Here is the link to the post where Peter talks about the transformers on the Einstein combo.

So my question is:
If the main difference between the 50W and 100W Einy is the main transformers, then how would the 50W combo compare soundwise to the 50W and 100W head if it is 50W but with the main transformers of the 100W version ?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Cheers

I love my einstein, it was my first “boutique” amp. Played it for three years sold it, went through 15 other high gain heads, incuding 4 other diezel.

I Bought another einstein two years ago. Slowly sold off all of my other amps. Einstein is still here.

I just recently laughed at myself for the ten years worth of searching to wind up back in the same place.

moltenmetalburn":1yedybnp said:
I love my einstein, it was my first “boutique” amp. Played it for three years sold it, went through 15 other high gain heads, incuding 4 other diezel.

I Bought another einstein two years ago. Slowly sold off all of my other amps. Einstein is still here.

I just recently laughed at myself for the ten years worth of searching to wind up back in the same place.

You like the Einstein that much huh? I've been thinking about a Fokker for a while now but might have to start considering an Einstein :confused: I see them pop up quite often, the Einstein that is.

MetalHeadMike":u42lobja said:
moltenmetalburn":u42lobja said:

You like the Einstein that much huh? I've been thinking about a Fokker for a while now but might have to start considering an Einstein :confused: I see them pop up quite often, the Einstein that is.

Einstein is darker and more vintage, fokker is a little sharper and more agressive/modern. Had them both at the same time.

This video is a decent representation of the voicing. It seems to be love or hate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zis1wX0Bocw

moltenmetalburn":fuzebysr said:
MetalHeadMike":fuzebysr said:
moltenmetalburn":fuzebysr said:

Einstein is darker and more vintage, fokker is a little sharper and more agressive/modern. Had them both at the same time.

This video is a decent representation of the voicing. It seems to be love or hate.

Thanks! So is the Einstein considerably more compressed than the Fokker?

MetalHeadMike":27mbk42i said:
moltenmetalburn":27mbk42i said:
MetalHeadMike":27mbk42i said:
moltenmetalburn":27mbk42i said:

Less.

moltenmetalburn":2row7jef said:
MetalHeadMike":2row7jef said:
MetalHeadMike":2row7jef said:

Less.

:thumbsup:

Back