Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sat, Dec 16, 2017 12:08am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 04, 2017 4:47am 
Hack

I've owned my dmoll now for quite some time and
I still couldnt dial in a satisfying tone for solos.
Still i love it's articulate and ballsy rhythm tone,
so i'm definately not giving it away any time soon.
I never use channel 3 because it has this glassy, fuzz like
distortion i dont really like, is there a way to mod this amp to
make channel 3 a more singing version of channel 2?
I want the articulation and attack of the diezel in channel 2
and a smooth singing lead sound with harmonic overtones (think mesa triaxis red or even better vh4 ch3). Does anyone have any experience with this?

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 04, 2017 11:07am 
Apprentice NOOB

What about bringing Presence down? Reduce Gain a bit and Channel Volumen up!? If you need more edge in Ch2 when you decrease Presence dial in more Channel Volumen and Treble. Perhaps you can work with the two Mastervolumes? Perhaps Ch2 more Ch Vol and less Master, Ch3 vice versa. It's always ridiculous how the Channel Volumes and Master Potis interact in all Diezel Amps.

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 04, 2017 12:41pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Ever try an od pedal in front? Something in the tubescreamer 808 family should do what you want.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), and many more.

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 05, 2017 4:44am 
Hack

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Ever try an od pedal in front? Something in the tubescreamer 808 family should do what you want.

Thank you for the tip but i do actually use a tubescreamer in front already.
volkair wrote:
What about bringing Presence down? Reduce Gain a bit and Channel Volumen up!? If you need more edge in Ch2 when you decrease Presence dial in more Channel Volumen and Treble. Perhaps you can work with the two Mastervolumes? Perhaps Ch2 more Ch Vol and less Master, Ch3 vice versa. It's always ridiculous how the Channel Volumes and Master Potis interact in all Diezel Amps.

Tweaking the channel volume and gain control does in fact provide a bit more of the singing tone i'm looking for but still i can't really get used to the mid structure of ch3, it is supposed to be better for single notes with it's added low mids but for me it's unusable on stage, i can't even hear myself and in the mix it gets lost aswell. it just sounds compressed and like i was on neck pickup all the time, but still so tight that i have to slam my fingers down like stupid to get nice legatos out. i wish i could just have another channel 2 instead of channel 3. I also dialed out a lot of the low end as it really takes up space in the mix that is typically unheard, therefore decreasing the percentage of signal that is high mids, which are what is heard on stage, i mean the dmoll has obscene levels of low end, but it's more a studio thing i assume. I should mention that i already use reasonable levels of gain as i'm more a fan of substential and cutting tones rather than scooped sounds. at the moment i'm using my ch2 with treble and bass around noon and the mids at 3 o'clock, presence at 1 and deep at 10. gain is at 10 and channel volume at 2. master around 10 (i cant really crank it further, its so fucking loud). For rhythm im having the midcut engaged just to the point that i notice a difference, to compensate for the extra mids i use for leads. but still its not a perfect solution since the gain i use for leads is too much for rhythm and the other way around. Does anyone know if there is a way to make ch3 more like ch2?