Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Mon, Sep 24, 2018 9:37am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1x12 cab for Diezel?
PostPosted: Fri, Dec 22, 2017 8:48am 
Apprentice NOOB

Are you human?: 951
Hey guys,

I was trying to find a good 1x12 cab for my Diezel head. Diezel doesn't had 1x12 cabs, so i'm trying to figure out something good with V30 speakers. Has anyone had experience with the bogner cabs?

Post subject: Re: 1x12 cab for Diezel?
PostPosted: Fri, Dec 22, 2017 6:57pm 
Hack

There are only a few speakers that can handle 100 watts or more.
For recording, I have used a ported Custom Audio Electronics 1X12 cab loaded with an EV 12L with my VH4. Sounded good.

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 24, 2017 3:07pm 
Apprentice NOOB

Flintstonerocks wrote:
There are only a few speakers that can handle 100 watts or more.
For recording, I have used a ported Custom Audio Electronics 1X12 cab loaded with an EV 12L with my VH4. Sounded good.

Thank you. Does that mean the cabinet speaker itself has to be rated at 100W?

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 24, 2017 5:15pm 
Rock God

I just had one built and put in a v30 for my diezels.
(Got a sealed back)
https://reverb.com/item/6331771-vboutiq ... ab-grab-go

Sounds awesome but you cant push them too hard. I practice thru mine. If I was going to gig it, it would be the port city OS1x12.

I also wish I went higher wattage fuller range speaker as I use it at lower volumes. Could use the headroom and the highs.

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78 plus like 150 more peeps...

Here long before it sucked.

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 24, 2017 7:52pm 
Apprentice NOOB

Damn that thing is nice. Is sealed back like the traditional front loaded diezel cabs?

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 24, 2017 8:13pm 
Apprentice NOOB

Well...scratch the search for a 1x12 cab. The reason I wanted one was because I wanted to be able to play my VH4 at bedroom volumes. I find the master volume a bit too touchy. I was told that what i'm looking for is an attenuator, but i've done some searching around here and I hear they're not recommended for the VH4

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 25, 2017 8:56am 
Rock God

O731 wrote:
Well...scratch the search for a 1x12 cab. The reason I wanted one was because I wanted to be able to play my VH4 at bedroom volumes. I find the master volume a bit too touchy. I was told that what i'm looking for is an attenuator, but i've done some searching around here and I hear they're not recommended for the VH4

Oh, yeah. Still loud as f@&k for a bedroom.

Go 50 watt einstein if looking for vh4 vibe in a more controllable package. I have no Paul/big max experience but they are more options.

I have had 15 boutique high gain heads. Diezels had the least touchy master volumes of all. Try a bogner lol!

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78 plus like 150 more peeps...

Here long before it sucked.

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 25, 2017 10:46am 
Apprentice NOOB

moltenmetalburn wrote:
O731 wrote:

Oh, yeah. Still loud as f@&k for a bedroom.

Go 50 watt einstein if looking for vh4 vibe in a more controllable package. I have no Paul/big max experience but they are more options.

I have had 15 boutique high gain heads. Diezels had the least touchy master volumes of all. Try a bogner lol!

Hehe, thank you for the recommendations. Although a 50 W amp head would be most appropriate for my situation, i'm going to have to kindly say no :) Plus, having a 100W would be better for me in the long term for whenever I decide to move out into a house or something. In fact, A herbert is next on my shopping list!

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 28, 2017 3:09am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

HI,

Im using my Herbert at home with a Engl 1x12.
A Diezel 2x12 is on my list for end 2018.

The only reason why i play the 1x12 is fullness of my sound. I play ..... loud anough :lol: :LOL:

I want to get a 2x12 again, when playing a bit louder then how i play at night, my 1x12 is to thick sounding. I used to love it but now a days i would enjoy a 2x12 more, let alone a Diezel cab.

If you have quite a good pc or mac do try impulse responses. Great for silent playing.
There are also the torpedo options cthat might be a great solution.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 28, 2017 6:08am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

For bedroom use it does not matter whether the speaker can deal with 100W or 20W because you play very quietly.
However, do not expect a 1x12 to be more quiet than a 4x12. It does not sound as full, but it is almost as loud.

Diezel 412 FL V30
Diezel 212 FL V30
ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT II
USACG Strat Kinmans

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 10, 2018 8:57am 
Hack

I have a Mesa Thiele cabinet with an EVM model which is rated at 200 watts, plenty of low end and clarity with the clean channel. I am looking for another just to have one for my differnt rehearsal spots.

Effects: TC Electronic G System iB mod. with a few outboard pedals:
Klon clone, Caroline Olympia Fuzz, AMT Japanese Girl wah, Eventide H9.

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 12, 2018 7:33am 
Journeyman NOOB

I appreciate the input guys. I no longer need a 1x12 cab- I got the EWS subtle volume control and it works great with my VH4 to dial in a good apartment volume.