Zerrer + Mooer Radar = Headphone bliss

snostrebla

So, my wife got me a Mooer Radar for Christmas, and my first instinct was to use it with the Zerrer and wow, it's absurdly good together.

I have the compensated out of the Zerrer going to the radar, and my rack rig going to the FX loop of the Zerrer and the floor rig going to the front of the Zerrer. Channel switching also being controlled via midi. From all that, I just have my headphones plugged into the dedicated headphone out on the Radar.

The normal send (to power amp from Zerrer) also works well if I don't have the rest of the rig. Before the radar I had the Zerrer going to my Fryette Powerstation and it worked really well, but now I can cut that part out if I want to play exclusively on headphones.

The dedicated headphone out of the Zerrer isn't bad, but having the extra tweak-ability from the radar makes the Zerrer much more fun to use.

Hey man, great to hear! I've recorded a few things with the zerrer and enjoyed the Diezel tone from it, but thought it was missing something when using just headphones, or straight into ableton live through my interface.

Recently I ran the Zerrer into the fx loop return on my 90's Wizard Custom 100, so - straight to the power amp. I had the wizard turned up pretty high so the power section was hot - split it between 2 cabs - a Mills v30 4x12 and Scumback/Friedman naked m75 4x12 - the sound was incredible.

I've never been able to run the zerrer into a hard cranked power amp before. I used it in the past with my Fryette Power Station as well, and it sounded good, but very tame. I've been keen to buy a VH4 or Hagen, but the Zerrer into the Wizard power amp was nuts sounding so now I'm reconsidering.

For silent recording though, I was looking for something like the Mooer Radar to add to the zerrer. Is there anything that sets the mooer apart from the others - like two notes, or the A/DA gcs, or bluguitar blubox... etc.?

I think something with a power amp emulator AND speaker emulator would be the best option with the zerrer since its a pre-amp. Does the Mooer have power amp and speaker emulation?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

- Blake

Back