Diezel Einstein vs VH4?

Neurosis

Hello i've got a few questions about these amps that i own and i didn't find any helping answers yet.
1st of all ihave always been dreaming to own a Diezel VH4. I couldnt afford one but 10 years ago or something i found a used Diezel Einstein and i absolutely fell in love, i tried Bogner Ubershall, JCM 800 MK2, 5150II, VHT PITTBULL etc..
But nothing comes close to the 3rd Texas mode on the 1st channel on my Einstein, to my ears at least..
I never tried a Diezel VH4 until i found one a few months ago. Suddenly they are affordable (payed 1300 Euros).
It was the model loaded with 6l6 tubes.
When i started to experiment with it and try to get a good sound on the legendary channel 3 i was shocked..
I really don't like the sound. I'm so used to the 'Low' knop on my einstein and i have the feeling the VH4 is comparable to the Einstein with the low knob turned to 9 o clock open. A bit flat and the palm muting not that 'tight' i couldnt understand how my Einstein felt more high gain and tight then the VH4..
Is there something wrong with the amp?
Or could it be the difference between the EL34 tubes in the Einstein and the 6L6 in the VH4?
I know that the VH4 might just not be for me but to me it was the most inferior amp of all the amps i tried so far..and that's weird.

They both didnt get any maintenance for years so maybe i should retube them and try again. That is the only solution i can come up with myself.
FYI i play mainly on a Gibson lp Custom and through a Orange 4x12 loaded with V30 speakers.
Noisecore style of music

Here a band rehearsal clip through this setup:

https://soundcloud.com/user-971230995

Do you think it will be a big difference to swap the 6l6 with other Valves?
Maybe i'm just missing the deep knob function?

The palm muting on my Einstein is alot fatter and at least equally tight as channel 3 of the VH4.

Ok it has a deep knob indeed sorry for the confusion.. I just can't get the amp good sounding with any settings.
I tried so many amps and i play heavy music (think Tool,mastodon,hardcore stuff..) but this amp is the dullest amp of them all.
Less gain then the Einstein too. Maybe i should check the preamp tubes.

Do you know what year your VH4 is?

Sounds like your VH4 might need the Dekompression mod.

If you’re getting the amp retubed by a tech, get him to email Peter Diezel for the details.

I did this mod to mine and it completely changed the amp.

You do need to run the Master on the VH4 high in my experience. It shines when pushed hard.

Back