Question on changing Diezel cabinet speakers

Omega1397

Hey guys,

I currently have a 2x12 FL Diezel cabinet with V30's, and I just purchased a K100 to see how it sounds mixed with a V30. I might even buy a second one if i'm pleased. I was curious if there was a way to use a wiring harness instead of having to solder.

The last time I tried soldering a new creamback speaker to my PRS Archon 25W ended up being a disaster (still got it in though). I was just doing my soldering thing, while I noticed an awful burning plastic smell. I then looked down and saw that the magnet on the speaker was pulling my solder right onto the plastic covering on the back of the magnet. I ended up melting a little bit of the plastic. I also just have a hard time with soldering in general, and I certainly don't want to d anything bad to my beautiful Diezel cab and speakers.

With all of that considered, I was wondering if there was a way to use a wiring harness with a Diezel cabinet. If anyone could help out it would be appreciated.

Peter Diezel":1epf4qy6 said:
Call a friend with solder skills.

Hehe Mr. Diezel, that is indeed the most rational solution to my problem. Perhaps I should sharpen my own soldering skillset to take that one extra step out of the equation :D :thumbsup:

Hmmm...perhaps this would be a good place to chime in a question. Has anyone had experience mixing a K100 and a V30 in a Diezel FL 2x12 cabinet?

Back