HAGEN Hell Yea

redfulcrum

So ive been playing an Einstien for like 10 years and always lusted for the big boys at Diezel IE; Hagen, VH4. You know
Well i got me the Hagen and a 212 FK cab and man cant say more about it than :rock: :rock:
So all you Hagen lovers talk to me about your settings and set up. need some input....!

Congrats to this awesome setup :rock:

My advice is to run the channel volumes as high as possible (> 1 o'clock). That gives it a nice three-dimensional mid range wall :)

I used to run the channel volumes of my VH4 (Ch 2, 3 & 4) a little lower (max 11'o'clock) & push the master. Different strokes I guess.

JimmyBlind":kzs123e7 said:
I used to run the channel volumes of my VH4 (Ch 2, 3 & 4) a little lower (max 11'o'clock) & push the master. Different strokes I guess.

I agree with this. Cranked MV at 12 and CV at 11 absolutely ROARS. However, I use a passive volume attenuator (Shoutout for the EWS subtle volume control, works excellent). I can only imagine how it would sound without it.

Omega1397":36ueu9c2 said:
JimmyBlind":36ueu9c2 said:

I agree with this. Cranked MV at 12 and CV at 11 absolutely ROARS. However, I use a passive volume attenuator (Shoutout for the EWS subtle volume control, works excellent). I can only imagine how it would sound without it.

That volume must knock down walls on channel 3!

Gotta admit it - it's my fave Diezel amp :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Congratz!!!! Can't really offer any advice on settings other than "just sit down with 'er and give 'er!!!", you'll find your happy place - most certainly. Love the Hagen. Hate to have to pick just one Diezel, but if I had to pick between my beloved VH4 and Hagen, well, I couldn't....but I do love the Hagen for its playability, roar, and tonal range. And it's got this real nasty slithering greasiness to it that just reeks of rock solid punch!!

Enjoy It!!!!!
Unkle Mo :rock:

Einstein and Hagen are my two favorite Diezel, congrats!

I only let Hagen go because I got exactly what I paid for it two years later and it was so large and heavy. I also got a KILLER deal on a mint second einstein. Used recto pricing.

I channel modded einstein and now it is so versatile (six tones!)

Man, congrats!

The Hagen sounds right up my alley. Waiting to find a deal before I pull the trigger. Curious if you've been able to compare it to the Herbert at all, or can compare on an expereince basis?

Either way, enjoy the amp!

Bad.Seed":1ov3ugsb said:
Man, congrats!

The Hagen sounds right up my alley. Waiting to find a deal before I pull the trigger. Curious if you've been able to compare it to the Herbert at all, or can compare on an expereince basis?

Either way, enjoy the amp!
Different animals, but still offering the Diezel tone through and through. Thing you have to ask yourself about the Herbert is - do I need a 6 powertube amp?!?!? And furthermore, what's the purpose of the amp??

I played the Herbert and while it's a formidable amp in its own right, I gravitated towards the VH4, the VH4S, the Hagen, Einstein and sure, some others as well...etc. Herbert's a beast. Period. But!!!....

The Hagen is just this beautiful plug and play amp - it's awesome. YMMV, but it's my choice in DiezelLand :D
It does everything the way I want an amp to do, and has the signature Diezel vibe going on with it through and through!!
Peace,
Unkle Mo

I’ll agree with Uncle Mo, kinda...

I LOVE Herbert. It was my first Diezel and it will never be replaced or leave me. Great amp and just gets tones that are so KILLER.

Hagen, as Mo says, is a different beast. I didn’t bond with the VH4S I had for a while, yet the Hagen has a different feel and I like it more, for what that is worth.
Maybe it’s simply more “openness” I feel like the Hagen has, yet I won’t say the VH4 is anything less than stellar as well.

Papa makes some AMAZING gear. ENJOY!!!!

Hi all, Hi redfulcrum!

First, congratulation to your Hagen.

For about two weeks now I'm a proud owner of a Hagen as well, which accompanies my D-Moll.
For me the Hagen is a fantastic amp, nearly exactly what I was looking for. Besides ch3 which I'm using for high-gain rhythm, I love the beautiful mid-gain crunch in ch2, as well as the amazing lead with ultra gain in ch4. The only thing that I'm missing to state that Hagen is perfect in my opinion is the Midcut function of Herbert/D-Moll.

:rock:

Back