Question on biamping Diezels with Diezel Cabs

Omega1397

Hey guys,

I have a question on how to run a dual amp set up with a VH4 and Herbert. I have a Diezel 212 FL cabinet, and I just ordered a 412. I also bought a Lehle little dual ABY switcher. From what I understand, I can either switch between the two amps, or play both at once.

I was wondering how I would connect my amps to my cabs for this set up. I've done some research and asked some buddies of mine, and I believe that if I connect both amps to the same cabinet (412 for example), I can only have two speakers working at once?

Further, would there be a way to connect the set up to where I can have them: VH4 OR Herbert play into the 412, and then when I run them both at the same time have them play into separate cabs?

If anyone could provide their input it would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Well with your current setup each amp will have to be connected to their own dedicated speaker cab.

The lehle just switches your guitar input signal to the amps.

If you want to switch amps and cabs you need something like an Ampete switcher which routes signals to various combinations of amps and cabs.

Whowantsamustache":1lqo9rqg said:
Well with your current setup each amp will have to be connected to their own dedicated speaker cab.

If you want to switch amps and cabs you need something like an Ampete switcher which routes signals to various combinations of amps and cabs.

Ah I see, thamks a lot for the help. The ampete switchers are pretty pricy, so looks like i'm going to have to stick to cable swapping for now.

Whowantsamustache":1xye6h6b said:

Just to follow up, would there be a way to connect my amps to both cabinets (disregard the amp switcher, just in general)? For example, to have them playing in the 412 and 212 at the same time?

Further, I be able to use the Lehle to switch BETWEEN the 2 amps, but into the same cab? So, not at the same time through the same cab, but to basically switch between which amp is playing into the cab?

Omega1397":92ebyekq said:
Hey guys,

I have a question on how to run a dual amp set up with a VH4 and Herbert. I have a Diezel 212 FL cabinet, and I just ordered a 412. I also bought a Lehle little dual ABY switcher. From what I understand, I can either switch between the two amps, or play both at once.

I was wondering how I would connect my amps to my cabs for this set up. I've done some research and asked some buddies of mine, and I believe that if I connect both amps to the same cabinet (412 for example), I can only have two speakers working at once?

Further, would there be a way to connect the set up to where I can have them: VH4 OR Herbert play into the 412, and then when I run them both at the same time have them play into separate cabs?

If anyone could provide their input it would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Hey...

I did a little more research and it does look you can run 2 amp (VH4 & Herbert) simultaneously in to 1 single Diezel 4X12 thru the 2 stereo 8 Ohms input jack on the cab... use 1 8 Ohm out jack on the back of each amp. Then you can use the Lehle to switch between each or run both together.

I'd email Peter D. just to be sure... but this looks like the way to go.

:thumbsup:

Hey guys, so I just got my Lehle dual little and wanted to clarify how to use it:

I'm going to first start on figuring out how to use it on my 212 Diezel cab since i'm still waiting on my 412. First off, I was wondering how to connect both my VH4 and Herbert into my 212, and have it switch between the two amps into the cab- switch between which amp is "using" the cabinet. I don't feel that it would be good to run them in stereo (1 speaker per cab) because the tone would probably sound like straight ass.

In that regard, how should I wire up my amps and cabs?

Omega1397":1a5d7xye said:
Hey guys, so I just got my Lehle dual little and wanted to clarify how to use it:

I'm going to first start on figuring out how to use it on my 212 Diezel cab since i'm still waiting on my 412. First off, I was wondering how to connect both my VH4 and Herbert into my 212, and have it switch between the two amps into the cab- switch between which amp is "using" the cabinet. I don't feel that it would be good to run them in stereo (1 speaker per cab) because the tone would probably sound like straight ass.

You can not do that. Bad bad bad. You will blow an OT on your amps. Each amp needs to be connected to a load or cab. The 2X12 is not a large enough load to support both the VH4 & Herbert at the same time.

In order to do that you would need an amp switcher like the Ampete or similar device.

Right now, you need another cab or a single stereo in 4X12 in order to use the Lehle A/B pedal.

Wizard of Ozz":ijev92b3 said:
Omega1397":ijev92b3 said:

You can not do that. Bad bad bad. You will blow an OT on your amps. Each amp needs to be connected to a load or cab. The 2X12 is not a large enough load to support both the VH4 & Herbert at the same time.

In order to do that you would need an amp switcher like the Ampete or similar device.

Right now, you need another cab or a single stereo in 4X12 in order to use the Lehle A/B pedal.

Oh sweet, thank you! As you might recall from my post about using the wrong impedance speakers, this is why i'm asking here before I try anything stupid. Thanks again.

Hey guys, I made a post asking this question but I think it was deleted? I guess it'll be a good idea to ask here:

I was wondering how to set up my Biamp setup into my 212 stacked on top of my 412 as "3 speakers vertical Left and right". I know this is a rather peculiar setup, but i'm all about tinkering around with my gear.

I just wanted to confirm the speaker routing to my amps. Let's say i'm doing my VH4 Left, Herbert right.

I'm assuming it would be: VH4 8 ohm output into "16 Ohm stereo A" on my 212, and then a VH4 8 ohm (or 4 ohm?) into the "8 ohm Stereo A" on my 412. Same setup goes for the Herbert but into "stereo B" instead.

If anyone could provide input it would be appreciated!

RTFM! You cannot do that. The outputs are wired in parallel and cannot be mixed.

These are the options and they exclude each other!
a) The 4 Ohm outputs take ONE 4 Ohm cab or TWO 8 Ohm cabs.
b) The 8 Ohm outputs take ONE 8 Ohm cab or TWO 16 Ohm cabs.
c) The 16 Ohm output takes ONE 16 Ohm cab.

I you want to know why: http://bfy.tw/GckC

You cannot use 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm outputs at the same time!

Only outputs with the same value can be used at the same time.
2 8 Ohm cabs OR 2 16 Ohm cabs. Not a mix!
diezel-amplification-big-max_5_GIT0042084-000.jpg

Vin Diezel":18z4owo4 said:
RTFM! You cannot do that. The outputs are wired in parallel and cannot be mixed.

Oh wow, well thanks for that! It’s a good thing I asked before doing it. I actually tried putting the 212 vertically to the side of the 412- works well

Vin Diezel":1r8sirul said:

Just to follow up: I can plug both amps into stereo A and B on a single 4x12 can, correct?

Vin Diezel":1qjz18et said:
I would not do it, but technically you can.

Cool man, thank you! I actually like having the 212 to the left of the 412 (I know it's more ideal to use two of the same cab, but it's what i'm working with) a little elevated so it's at a similar height to the 412 speakers. I've tried both vertical and horizontal. The vertical has some harsh treble, but great projection. Horizontal has the same nice low end.

Back