VH4 and effects

Jamesdubinjr

Good day, I just ordered my VH4 and 412 cab through Sweetwater in Indiana, USA. Just returning to guitar after 18 years and is my first tube amp. After reading the manual 4 times I have questions regarding ADA conversion and digital effects processors. It’s to my understanding based on the user manual that better sound would be the result by using analog effects through the programmable channel inserts. Chorus and Delay for instance. I also ordered the Diezel Columbus in this order. Can you please share how you configured your rigs with your effects? I’m planning on using the serial loop for a second master volume for attenuation.

Hi,

would say it depends on the quality of the effects you use.
I had some weird experience with digital effects boards in the loop, not that the sound was bad, but it just influenced the tone even with bypass enabled in a negative way compared to no effects in the loop.

Currently I am using two Strymon effects, Mobius in front, Time-line in the serial loop.
I also use parallel loop for second master.

This combination basically works perfect for me and I was not able to determine any sound degradation with these two effects

regards

I would put the chorus in an insert and the delay in the parallel loop (100% wet on the delay).
This way you can have all channels with and without delay.

Back