Any suggestions?

MrFlexx

One of my guitars, a Suhr Custom Modern has Suhr pickups in a HSH configuration and I don’t like the tone of them. Any suggestion for the bridge and neck?

Body wood: Basswood
Neck wood: maple
Fretboard: rosewood
Gotoh FR.

On that particular guitar I’d like to play anything from Tesseract and Dream Theater to Andy Timmons and Marco Sfogli using my Herbert.

When I had Suhr Modern Pro M2(alder body, maple neck) I loved Suhr pickups very much, nevertheless guitar itself wasn't my thing, all good, but didn't make me cry. I think those SSV or whatever there is, good pickups I don't think you would get any better with Dimarzio Crunch Lab/Liquefier.
what specifically you don't like? maybe is's time to invest in good cable, if you haven't yet? or try other guitar.

belensky":2s2yoqns said:
When I had Suhr Modern Pro M2(alder body, maple neck) I loved Suhr pickups very much, nevertheless guitar itself wasn't my thing, all good, but didn't make me cry. I think those SSV or whatever there is, good pickups I don't think you would get any better with Dimarzio Crunch Lab/Liquefier.
what specifically you don't like? maybe is's time to invest in good cable, if you haven't yet? or try other guitar.
I have really good cables and have never cut the cost in getting the best gear. I’ve tried lots of different guitars with Suhr pickups and I’ve never liked them. To my ears they’re to fizzy in the top and have something in their character I just don’t care for. My first and long gone Suhr had Air Zone and Air Norton and it sounded great...but since I had that guitar tons of new pickups hit the market and I haven’t tried any of the new ones.

Back