Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Thu, May 24, 2018 11:58pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19, 2018 3:04am 
Journeyman NOOB

So I've been using modelers for several years now but have been thinking of getting a small tube amp rig as an alternative. Something good sounding and simple to use in any situation. Probably a head + 1x12 or 2x12, nothing bigger.

I used to own a Diezel Einstein combo that I liked in many ways but it had its own set of issues:
  • The lead channel had way, way too much gain. I think I had my gain at 10 o'clock at most with humbucker guitars so that channel was not useful for anything but high gain stuff. Even tried lower gain tubes in it but that didn't help all that much.
  • The first channel had me making compromises on which lower gain tones I wanted. I think I would have preferred if the lead channel had the mode switches.
  • The amp sounded great for cleans with 6L6 tubes but better for overdrive using EL34s.

I did like how the Einstein sounded otherwise. Which Diezel would have a similar sound but with a more sensible channel setup and with channels that don't have completely ridiculous gain levels?

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19, 2018 3:24am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Are you human?: 951
You would be very happy with a Schmidt probably. Unfortunately, you won‘t get a new one as it is discontinued. The new Big Max is a dynamic single Channel Amp with a low and high input that can do anything from clean to highgain. You also should check out the Paul, a three channel Amp with reverb and a bit more Classic voicing..

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19, 2018 7:50am 
Journeyman NOOB

Gutmann wrote:
You would be very happy with a Schmidt probably. Unfortunately, you won‘t get a new one as it is discontinued. The new Big Max is a dynamic single Channel Amp with a low and high input that can do anything from clean to highgain. You also should check out the Paul, a three channel Amp with reverb and a bit more Classic voicing..

The Paul seems like it could be right up my alley. For some reason seems that it's not available in any EU music stores I checked that have other Diezels in stock though. :(

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19, 2018 10:08am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Where are you located? Maybe Peter can help you. They probably are producing the next batch.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19, 2018 12:31pm 
Journeyman NOOB

Gutmann wrote:
Where are you located? Maybe Peter can help you. They probably are producing the next batch.

I'm in Finland and afaik there is no distributor or reseller.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19, 2018 3:32pm 
Rock God

I think paul was meant for you aside from
Schmidt.

I also think all the diezels will be capable of “too much gain” for you.

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78 plus like 150 more peeps...

Here long before it sucked.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19, 2018 11:27pm 
Diezel Amplification

LaXu wrote:
Gutmann wrote:

I'm in Finland and afaik there is no distributor or reseller.

Please contact service (at) diezelamplification ( dot) com