Hagen Recordings from a Marshall Lover!

Sarrafian

So I obviously don’t post here very often, but after spending a couple months with my new Hagen I wanted to share a couple short, but quality recordings of the amp with my specific set up. I know there are countless clips and videos out there, but my aim with the amplifier is probably different than most who know what they’re getting into with a Diezel. Up to this point I have been all about the classic hot-rodded ‘Marshall’ tone, I’ve owned JMPs, 800’s, Bogner Ecstasys, a Bogner Helios, etc. I heard the Hagen was more open and ‘British’ sounding than the rest, but investing in a Diezel was in many ways still a risk from what I was used to. The amp seriously challenged me to expand the horizon of my sound and redefine my electric guitar tone for my music. All I have to say now is I’m happy I did, and I’m a better artist and composer because of what this amp has pushed me to do with my sound.

Ok, over with the talk, here is my set up and the details on the recording:

Gear: Custom Shop Gibson SG VOS with low output burstbucker 1 & 2’s , straight into a Diezel Hagen, no effects, straight into a slanted Bogner 4X12 loaded with V30’s. Mic’ed with a Neumann TLM102 into a UA Apollo Twin interface recorded in Pro Tools 10.

Tracks: See Soundcloud.com/TheScalpelAndTheSoul . The first one, “Spanish Edge” starts with acoustic but if you look at the larger wave forms that begin about half way into the track, that’s obviously where the Hagen comes in. That was recorded on the 2nd channel with the neck pickup (very slight reverb added in Pro Tools). The next track, “Heavy Swing”, is all Hagen, all channel 3 with the bridge pickup. If anyone would like demos of the clean or 4th channel with this particular setup just write me and I’d be happy to.

I hope this adds a little more to the pallet of what these amps are seen to be capable of achieving, if not I hope you enjoyed the music anyway!
I put these instrumentals together as snapshots of my style in search of some like-minded bandmates in LA, if you live there or know someone that does looking for a project give me a shout!

***I understand there's a thread on RigTalk for posting sound clips but I figured because this is Diezel specific it would fit here, hope that was a good call!***

Thanks for your time,

Armen

Back