Diezel warranty on used gear..?

Rob Tahan

So i bought my used herbert a few weeks ago that had $500 worth of work done on it, and now im kind of wondering what kind of service i may be able to get in the future if i have any problems again. I know the new ones are lifetime, but anything for buying one 2nd hand?
Ive been reading a lot of stuff lately about people saying they've been having issues with the diezel herbert being un-reliable and having a lot of problems. This kinda freaks me out since i will be doing some heavy touring this summer into fall.

Rob,

I don´t in the mood or have to excuse myself. We have the age of the internet
and a lot of people that are searching for faults on expensive amps. Please don´t
take me wrong, I give a shit on forums like HCAF where guys around who insults
anybody and telling about the bad sounding Diezels and never had played one.
I´m living in the real world, try to give my best to the customers. Here in Germany
we are used to repair 90 % for warranty or for free. I don´t have complete influence
to the distributors, so I hope they do the same.

I will tell You the true:

We sold 1100 Herberts in the past. In Germany I got about 50 for repair.
46 had tube issues with the EL34BSTR. So I will swap to EL34-SED.
One Herbert had a bad controller chip and one a connection problem
on the mainboard. Two had bad filter caps delivered form the supplier.
I cancelled the cap company.

I assume we sold about 700 Herberts in Europe, 4 of them had quality
problems. All repairs were warranty replacements with any excuse to
the customers by me.

How many percent are that ?

I´m not a friend of big words, but I would call our customer support
nearly perfect. And if the customer is upset we send him caps and
shirts to show our respect.

I made repairs for over 20 years to make my life and know about
issues and problems with wrong designs. I´m really not perfect
but I don´t design amps with layout faults.

It´s Your decision to believe to the drama queens or ask Diezel
users about the support done by our company.

You don´t will hear that 3500 Diezel amps are running without
problems. If one or two getting problems and mainly with tubes
You will see the whiners on HCAF trying to give as a bad call.

That´s life and we have to deal with it. I can sleep well, because
I´m an easy to handle guy with endless patience and respect to
my customers.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to open my soul.

Best regards,

Peter

I assume we sold about 700 Herberts in Europe, 4 of them had quality
problems. All repairs were warranty replacements with any excuse to
the customers by me.

WOW!!!! .. all I can say.

Very true. We should ahve a forum of all the good things. It seems people only wanna write about the bad. The diezel stuff is incredible, Ive only had one issue with mine, but it was because the owner before me had the tubes biased at 175!!! I think the customer service for Diezel is Unsurpassed and is the best service you can find, BETTER THAN MY MESA SERVICE(which is great). I love my einstein, will be buying a herbert, and at the first sight of the schmidt, I will buy one of those also. Mainly because of tone!!! but also because I know if ANYTHING happens, they will take care of you...

All in all...Dont worry about it man, these guys are THE BEST!!!

Please read what Mr. Diezel has said very carefully.
He is right on the money.
I purchased a used Herbert off E bay 2 years ago. I had never heard one in person. The review in Guitar Player Magazine convinced me. I had a few tube issues which occur on ALL amps. After asking a few questions and replacing some tubes I am totally satisfied.

I was so happy with the Herbert that I purchased a used Einstein Combo. After one year it started making some strange noises. Peter immediately sent me some new capacitors. The amp has kicked butt ever since.

Peter has always answered my questions on this board and been a constant professional. I have owned lot's of high end gear and the Diezel company is at the top.

Please feel confident with your purchase. You will not be sorry, you have made an outstanding purchase. :thumbsup:

no doubt peter! you have the support of so many! i am a believer in what you do! :rock: Dont ever let the mouths of a few ruin the happiness you have brought to many! i am indeed a person who had a herbert problem, and you know what? i got my problem solved quickly with no issues. My income DEPENDS on my amps as being a professional studio and road musician is the only job i have.
Peter you have made my job easier, and any price is worth that feeling :yes:

peace
A Wood

I've had the best customer service from James at Diezel UK, I always receive a comprehensive reply when I send an email and being able to contact the maker of the amp is inspired, also my VH4 is the greatest amp I have ever played through!!!!. Looking to get a Herbert in the near future but a new Diezel cab is on the cards. Rock on :rock:

Ohhh man after reading this i think me and my einstein will sleep better. :LOL: :LOL:
There's no doubt that there are many forums that have many stupid people. Mostly because the moderators dont pay attention to the posts where people get pushed around often and get abused (in words).
Faults in amps are common and shit happens so if you don't like it i dare you to find a better service and reabilaty then Diezel.

I don't know why a manufacturer would offer a warranty to someone who was not the original purchaser. What do they get out of it? They lost a sale because you bought a used one instead of a new one. That being said, when buying used, you get a steep discount for not getting the warranty. If you pay $3,000 for a $4,400 amp, you saved enough to pay for any necessary repairs and still have paid less than buying new. I have 2 Bogners I bought used and a Herbet I bought new. I don't worry about problems with my Herbert. No issues after 2 years now. I don't get the lifetime warranty on the Bogners, but I'm not to worried about any problems with them either.

+100000000 and so on about what all the guys above said! Dont believe some dick on HC who probably can't afford a Diezel and has never played one. Believe the people here cos we own those amps.

I understand you anger Peter. Some people have nothing better to do than complain. You are building hanbuilt tone machines and your service and products are outstanding. There are many people who apreciate your work. I know I do. It's such a treat to be able to play through an amp that will actually amplify what I am playing. Valve amps can and will break down at any time, but some peple just can't understand this. Keep up the good work.

Good stuff Peter!
Thanks for replying with such detail. I think a lot of people need to know those figures!
Its important because seeing the big picture helps put things in perspective.
:thumbsup:
I wasnt at all complaining. Just a little worried, bc i noticed that i originally had a similar problem as one of those tools on that forum. And i do have a feeling that a lot of those guys on there dont know jack about amps, OR how to play anything more than power chords on a guitar :doh:

Hey Rob,

I´m used to be a funny guy, don´t concern.
Check out the amp if You like it or not.
I take care of You.

:rock:

I think if you are relying on ANY amp day in and day out, you may want to consider bringing a backup of some sorts, just in case there are any tube issues, or problems that may arrise due to normal wear and tear on an amp being transported so often.

Maybe just get a cheaper backup, as a last resor?

Please! I dont give a damn on Harmony Central Reviews. The guys buy themselves the shittiest amps and give them a 10!!!

Who knows who the persons are, behind the names and reviews, that write stuff like this about Diezel.

I bought my Herbert (unauditioned) heavily on the basis of reading the review on Harmony Central written by Ed Yoon at Tone Merchants. It's a damn shame that people have recently written such bad reviews. But yes I argee Bato, in general it can be hard to sort the fact from fiction.

Back