Herbert Compensated Out

You need to have a load connected to the amp at all times.

I use the compensated out on my Einstein all the time, sounds really good, and it's much easier than mic'ing an amp.

What if I connect a cab? Can I mute the cab and still control the volume on the Compensated Out?

I really don't want any troubles with my neighbors :)

Turn the master volume down to pretty much zero and run the amp as normal (hook up cab, flip run switch, etc). Crank up the channel volume half way or so and the compensated out should be at a good level. I do it all the time when we record drum tracks for my band. I feed the compensated out to the board and it gets fed back to the drummer via headphones so we don't get any guitar bleeding into the drum mics and the drummer has something to play along with.

mincy":2aagmg1m said:
Turn the master volume down to pretty much zero and run the amp as normal (hook up cab, flip run switch, etc). Crank up the channel volume half way or so and the compensated out should be at a good level. I do it all the time when we record drum tracks for my band. I feed the compensated out to the board and it gets fed back to the drummer via headphones so we don't get any guitar bleeding into the drum mics and the drummer has something to play along with.

Well, it's a standard resistor that you connect to the 8Ohm output of your amp as if it was a speaker. Just solder a 6,3 jack to the two resistor leads and plug it in. It will turn the power it gets from the amp into heat, thats all. You don't even have to check polarity as there is none;-)
I use a large 8Ohm resistor all the time, when recording silently...

Greets

Quoting fro the Herbert's manual:

"Switch-able Loop for external pre-amp

One might extend one’s tonal variety by hooking up an external guitar pre-amp to
the switch-able return jack. Now the external preamp, once selected via the
“Loop” function, can feed the Herbert’s power amp."

Will the signal from the external pre-amp be featured in the signal coming from the compensated line out?

by the way... I'm really scared I might f**k up the soldering part... does anyone have a draw or a pic of what it should look like?

Hi there! Can i plug directly into my usb interface from the Compensated Out of my Herbert or do i need a DI before?
thanx guys!

Back