yet another "what year was my Einstein made" topic.. Peter??

phil b

Hi all,
New Einstein owner here and I must say after playing Boogies exclusively for about 20 yrs. and more recently a Fractal Axefx, I just made the jump to the Einstein. Only thing is I have absolutley no idea when this made. The serial on the back says:
003/057 Best regards, Lars {I think}. Wanted to know what year this was made and who is Lars?? Thanks in advance

Welcome.

Lars is an employee of Diezel GmbH, as is Stefan. Einstein is Peter's dog... :)

Peter should stop by soon and decode your serial number for you.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the info. I had read that Einstein was Peters dog and got a kick out of it considering my nickname for my Rectifier is "Dolbert", which was my dog for 11 years. Years ago I was working with Mark Snyder when he was at Boogie {very briefly} and he basically had put together my rig at the time. I was using my Recto, which is serial #33 for my main rhythm sound and a Mike B. modded Mark IV and used that for Cleans and leads. We ordered two of those modded Mark IVs and one Mark kept for himself. :yes: . I then went to something a little easier for the road with a Triaxis and a 2:100 Poweramp. Before all that I was using the Strategy400 poweramp and the Quad Preamp. As you can see I have been a diehard Boogie guy for a long time. Before that I had a JCM800 Marshall that I had Ken Fisher from Trainwreck mod for ultra gain. Wish I still had that one considering the price of Trainwreck amps! :LOL: :LOL: I came across the Diezel about a month ago and was absolutley blown away by the thickness of the low mids and the overall bottom end. I am actually running this with a Switchblade and an Axefx and use the Diezel for my dirt and use the Axefx into the power section via the Sblade for my cleans. The 2 work very well together and was pretty surprised how well the loop handled the fx. I also ran my TC1210 thru it, standalone, and it handled the analog tones beautifully. Gotta say this head rocks!!!! :rock: Things would have been much different if I could have gotten my hands on one to try years ago. :) Just curious on the dating though. The chassis and outer shell is minty so I cant tell by that. Just waitin for Peter D. I guess :thumbsup:

duesentrieb":1lof5kba said:
Peter is in Japan at the moment (AFAIK).
057 is a pretty early model.
So probably a 2006 made Einstein.
Thank you. I am guessing its not as easy as #3 out of 57 Einsteins built that year? Is there an exact formula to determine what amps were made when? :confused:

phil b":zapq70nn said:
duesentrieb":zapq70nn said:
Peter is in Japan at the moment (AFAIK).
057 is a pretty early model.
So probably a 2006 made Einstein.
Thank you. I am guessing its not as easy as #3 out of 57 Einsteins built that year? Is there an exact formula to determine what amps were made when? :confused:

I think Einstein production started in 2006 and that the 3 just means the third Diezel amp (VH4 is #1, Herbert is #2, Einstein is #3 and Einstein combo is #4)

I think Einstein production started in 2006 and that the 3 just means the third Diezel amp (VH4 is #1, Herbert is #2, Einstein is #3 and Einstein combo is #4)

Mmm... Not so sure about that. I don't remember the serial number of my VH4 but my Einie was 002/127 and it says 22.11.2006 on pcb.

VH4 has its own serial number code which includes year and running number and if its stereo or mono.

Then we have Herbert(001), Einstein 50 head(002 or 003 - not sure), Einstein 100 head (002 or 003), Einstein 50 combo (004).

Wait for Peter guys, he's in Japan at the moment.

Hi Peter,
Hopefully now that your back you'll be able to let me know when exactly my amp was made. Also is there any published #'s so we can figure out what was made when? Also I saw your recommendations in V1 and V2 are E83cc and the rest are standard 12ax7s. Do you find the E8's more musical or is it just a reliablity thing? Also if I were to be interested in doing some mod work {bring channel 2 more into channel 1 mode 3 territory tonality wise}, who can I actually discuss some of my options with? Thanks much for your reply! :thumbsup:

phil b":225hc4w1 said:
Hi all,
New Einstein owner here and I must say after playing Boogies exclusively for about 20 yrs. and more recently a Fractal Axefx, I just made the jump to the Einstein. Only thing is I have absolutley no idea when this made. The serial on the back says:
003/057 Best regards, Lars {I think}. Wanted to know what year this was made and who is Lars?? Thanks in advance

This should be a 2007 model

Back