Changing speaker on my 2x12 Marshall JCM2000 TSLC212

diezel&gas

hi, i'd like to try a Celestion G12K100 to pair with the other stock 12" V30 on my marshall 2x12 cab.

stock this cab has: a Marshall/Celestion Heritage 12", 8 Ohm, 80W guitar speaker and one Marshall/Celestion Vintage 12", 8 Ohm, 70W guitar speaker.

http://www.musik-produktiv.de/(s(opo0xi ... blhilg3cav))/marshall-jcm2000-tslc212.aspx

how many Watts will the cab reach with the V30 and G12K100 mixed? willl the Ohms change?
actually it can handle 140W in 16 Ohm.

then is it a difficult thing to do swapping speaker? i mean, is the soldering hard to do?

thanx!

Soldering is easy. Just two wires. You need to look before unsoldering the old speaker which wire is hooked to plus and minus of it and follow that order for the new speaker.

The max. power of a cab is number of speakers multiplied with the wattage of the weakest speaker. In your case 2x70 Watt.

Get an 8 Ohm speaker if the old ones have 8 Ohms. Overall impedance then is 16.

? ??

then, another question;

Peter S. told me is is better to replace stock Marshall wiring with another-better specific leads for the g12k cause of different frequencies this speakers provide and needs.
Which cables are those mentioned by Peter?

Hi, I never had the chance to swap the Heritage speaker with the Gk100, so would you suggest me to pair it with the v30?
Will I get a better tone in your opinion getting the Gk100 or will I get a flat, similar tone as the v30?

Back