Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Fri, Aug 18, 2017 1:38am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 19, 2009 10:35am 
Plank Cranker

I hear the new cabs have the G12K100s (I think...) and they sound killer but I wanted to consider my options, however, I don't know of many speakers besides the previous and V30s. I was contemplating ordering a 2x12 and having a G12k100 and maybe something else. My amp settings are as follows to give you tone preference ideas:

(Herbert, in "o'clocks")
Channel 1:

Treble:12
Middle:9
Bass:12

Channel 2:

Gain:12
Treble:3
Middle:Full

Channel 3:

Gain:1:30
Treble:full
Middle:full

:rock: However - just tell me of any interesting speakers and I shall be very greatful :yes:

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 19, 2009 3:32pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Front loaded cabs use g12k100's......rear loaded cabs use the hemp cone speakers. This to our ears is far superior to anything else we have tried and we have tried them ALL. Peter nor myself are a fan of the vintage 30.

http://www.DiezelUSA.com
http://www.myspace.com/DiezelUSA

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 19, 2009 3:59pm 
Supah Stah

Gk100s and v30s in an X-pattern sound great in my rear-loaded diezel cab. I preferred that to all v30s and all gk100s.

Cabs: Wizard (2) - Friedman - Splawn - Fryette - Bogner

Great Transactions - Click Here:
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=64423

Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 19, 2009 4:53pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

G12K100 in a rear loaded cab is not our preference....

Hemp cone in the front loaded is not our preference....

Reverse those and you are golden :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 19, 2009 4:59pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

mhenson42 wrote:
Gk100s and v30s in an X-pattern sound great in my rear-loaded diezel cab. I preferred that to all v30s and all gk100s.

:thumbsup: except for the rearloaded part ;)

Check out http://www.bodybag-metal.de !!!

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 20, 2009 4:42am 
Plank Cranker

Maybe I'll just settle for a pair of Gks in a 2x12 then? :lol: :LOL: We've got seas upon seas of guitar amps, Bogner, Diezel, Marshall, Mesa, VHT, Krank, Randall, ENGL, Peavey... huge, huge amounts of choice, but are there that many different speakers out there?

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 20, 2009 8:38am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Sam Laming wrote:
Maybe I'll just settle for a pair of Gks in a 2x12 then? :lol: :LOL: We've got seas upon seas of guitar amps, Bogner, Diezel, Marshall, Mesa, VHT, Krank, Randall, ENGL, Peavey... huge, huge amounts of choice, but are there that many different speakers out there?

Yes

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 20, 2009 9:08am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

http://www.earcandycabs.com/products.ph ... duct_id=20

End Discussion.

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 20, 2009 12:36pm 
Plank Cranker

There we go, there's something really interesting. Anyone else ever played these? Just youtubed them and the very first thing I got sounded excellent :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 21, 2009 12:48am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

They do not compare...

/thread

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 21, 2009 4:21pm 
Plank Cranker

If you was talking about the cabs, you would say that :lol: :LOL: I meant the speaker though, not sure about you... The cabs do look amazing though, 'specially that grade 5 Birdseye Maple one :yes:

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 21, 2009 4:50pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

The H75-100 watt scumbacks sound great. I have a 2x12 with one H-75 and one M-75 LDC both are 100 watters and the cab rocks.

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 22, 2009 8:54am 
Rock God

Ive always had the best results mixing a British sounding lower wattage speaker for breakup and grit in the mids with an American sounding high wattage speaker for punch and clarity in the highs and lows.

Right now using an eminence wizard 75 watts and a swamp thing 150 watts in combination. absolutely punishing. and if your into ported cabs the Port city 2x12 OS will crush a buzzbomb.
:rock:

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78

WTF you reading this tiny shit for anyway?

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 22, 2009 10:32am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

moltenmetalburn wrote:
Ive always had the best results mixing a British sounding lower wattage speaker for breakup and grit in the mids with an American sounding high wattage speaker for punch and clarity in the highs and lows.

Right now using an eminence wizard 75 watts and a swamp thing 150 watts in combination. absolutely punishing. and if your into ported cabs the Port city 2x12 OS will crush a buzzbomb.
:rock:

Are the port city cabs good for everything?

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 22, 2009 10:51am 
Rock God

I use mine for metal so I can attest to that, and if you look for other reviews most people use them for other styles so Id have to say yes. I cant see it being wrong for any style. the companion port city amps are like fenders so the original intention was actually for that type of amp and the styles they afford.

no hate for the buzzbomb its a step above traditional designs but I find the Port city ever better than the earcandy.

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 11, 2017 10:44am 
Rock God

My first post at RT necro bump! :D

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 19, 2017 11:16am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Duolos wrote:
Front loaded cabs use g12k100's......rear loaded cabs use the hemp cone speakers. This to our ears is far superior to anything else we have tried and we have tried them ALL. Peter nor myself are a fan of the vintage 30.

This post is complete nonsense.

I know the above post is 8 years old... but just to clarify for any people reading/researching these old thread... Peter designed and tests the entire Diezel amp line around and with a V30 front loaded 4X12 Diezel cabinet. It's a complete falsehood to claim otherwise. Ask Peter himself.

This "Duolos" character was the former Diezel USA distributor whose "shady" business practices caused him to lose the distributorship. Please disregard all posts from Terry Hicks aka "Duolos".

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), and many more.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 20, 2017 6:19am 
Rock God

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Duolos wrote:

This post is complete nonsense.

I know the above post is 8 years old... but just to clarify for any people reading/researching these old thread... Peter designed and tests the entire Diezel amp line around and with a V30 front loaded 4X12 Diezel cabinet. It's a complete falsehood to claim otherwise. Ask Peter himself.

This "Duolos" character was the former Diezel USA distributor whose "shady" business practices caused him to lose the distributorship. Please disregard all posts from Terry Hicks aka "Duolos".

Sort of...

Duolos IS the dickhead ex diezel distro dude. The statement about Peter not liking the V30 is BS, Diezel has ALWAYS been available with them.

In 2009 (around this time) I spent a day at the Diezel booth in the UK at Download. The K100 WERE front loaded and the TT Hemp WERE rear then. I know because I went home and installed hempcones to match after trying all the cabs over and over.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 20, 2017 12:41pm 
Diezel Amplification

The K100 is a better "stand alone" speakers for 1 by 12 or 2 by 12 speaker cabs.
It´s also great for combos. In a 4 by 12 I like it because it has less compression
concerning the 2 inch coil and wattage. It´s a focussed midrange speaker
which is perfect for the mids. Had it for a long time in my cab under the workbench.

The V30 is better for "old" ears and has a faster response because of it´s
smaller coil. Don´t like them in combos.

Overall it depends on the wood and construction of your cab.
Since i love to riffing for demos the V30 fits me perfect.

Peter

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 20, 2017 2:30pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Peter Diezel wrote:
The K100 is a better "stand alone" speakers for 1 by 12 or 2 by 12 speaker cabs.
It´s also great for combos. In a 4 by 12 I like it because it has less compression
concerning the 2 inch coil and wattage. It´s a focussed midrange speaker
which is perfect for the mids. Had it for a long time in my cab under the workbench.

The V30 is better for "old" ears and has a faster response because of it´s
smaller coil. Don´t like them in combos.

Overall it depends on the wood and construction of your cab.
Since i love to riffing for demos the V30 fits me perfect.

Peter

The master has spoken. :worship: :worship: :worship:

I completely agree. I love the sound of a Diezel with the V30 FL 4X12.

Let's hear it for our "old ears" and fast response. :rock:

You da man Peter. :D :thumbsup:

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), and many more.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 21, 2017 8:24am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Always nice to hear it from the source. I love both the k100 and v30 but FL is a must.
Thanks Peter