Engl amps - incredible

Timonac

Hi there,

just wanted to share this little thing with you guys.
i got an engl e670, and wrote engl a mail to ask, to which blue leds i could switch the light behind the tubes. there are red ones so far and where i can purchase a fitting blue power switch - it should fit optical to my herbert. (5150 is blue already and the krank has a blue power light)
no answer. so i wrote them a second time. no answer.

i think it is impossible how the customer service of engl s*cks - just 2 simple questions after purchasing an 3000€ amp and no answer.
now you see, what you guys got on Peter and the whole diezel crew. :rock:

Thanks Timonac !

I can understand Your disappointment but You have to
know that we are far away from perfect and sometimes
also people have to wait a long time for an answer or an order.

I think Engl is a great company and You will get an email soon.

Hi Peter,

this is a real gentleman answer from you, but trust me - they will never answer.

first mail was sent even before the fairs in frankfurt :doh:

so:
-diezel support: best you could get - outstanding
-engl support : doesn't even deserve to be called SUPPORT

worst customer care ever. Think i have to sell that engl for a Bogner or a VH4 ;)

Timonac":305geda2 said:
Hi Peter,

this is a real gentleman answer from you, but trust me - they will never answer.

first mail was sent even before the fairs in frankfurt :doh:

so:
-diezel support: best you could get - outstanding
-engl support : doesn't even deserve to be called SUPPORT

worst customer care ever. Think i have to sell that engl for a Bogner or a VH4 ;)

I have to agree I sent 3 emails over 3 months ago. Yet to receive a reply. :thumbsdown:

The terrible customer service at ENGL is the main reason I traded my E670 SE for a Diezel Herbert.

That coupled with their 1 year warranty on products built with crappy components pretty much has me disinterested in their entire line of amplifiers. I do love my ENGL Pro cab though, and my Z-12 midi controller is pretty sweet too.

They don't answer emails for warranty issues, good luck getting an answer about LED mods. :doh:

Just a quick search on google turned up some promising results for LED's, and they seem to be rather inexpensive. Should be quite easy to install as well, that is if you are brave enough to take the delicate E670 out of it's headshell! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I once spoke to their Tech (Andy if I recall correctly), who was very kind and helpful.

The problem seems to be within their communication structure - I had no luck with emails either, but
after I've phoned (!) their sales department, Chris (formerly of Beyers) gave me the mail & phone number of the tech.

So my advice would be to contact them:

ENGL Marketing & Sales GmbH
Mettestrasse 25
D-44803 Bochum
Phone: +49 (0)234 97 65 70
Fax: +49 (0)234 97 65 720
info@engldistribution.com

Just use this mail an ask for a mailadress of their tech . . .

HTH

I've got one coming to my house today... just for a friend as he's out all day and doesn't want to have to go pick it up at some far off depot. I wonder if I'll ever buy another amp :confused:

don't expect a reply engl customer services is theworst ive ever experienced , plus i know others that were totally left in the dark .ive dealt with them and there bs excuses about trying to improve there customer relations , but words are merely words with engl .

oh yes! there great at listening when they know there in the wrong lol i emailed them about there std cabs being advertised as ply when they were clearly not but cheap resin partical board .there response! rapid change of description on the engl web site without any mention of them making a mistake .

seriously diezel amps pisses all over engl interms of internal build quality and parts and more importantly performance .ive been using engl amps for 10 years but seen the light with diezel there a far superior amp company to engl .

:confused: I'm still in awe of the fact that not only did Peter reply first to this inquiry, he then sets forth to give Dude all the contact info and the lead names to get the job done...!

Although it didn't work out, unfortunately, it does make me think there's a certain kind of omnipresence in the World of Diezel and its Family...

They know. The know everything...

Peace,
V.

they will never respond, i sent engl 5 emails and im still waiting to hear back from them and that was about 4 months ago. shitty customer support and im not happy with the quality of their amps, i had 3 out of 9 engls breakdown on me. my engl se was less than 2 yrs old and they wouldnt fix it, i had to pay to get it fixed.
thats what you get when you buy a engl that cost 4k. :thumbsdown:

Back