What phantom powered midi board do you use

Does anybody know, how to modify a Behringer fcb1010 to phantom power?
I looked at the yahoo group, but there is only a mod with an adaptor. And i dont nee done.
Do i have to change the midi sockets in the fcb1010? From 5 to 7?

>|<>QBB<
Bato":703d2 said:
Does anybody know, how to modify a Behringer fcb1010 to phantom power?
I looked at the yahoo group, but there is only a mod with an adaptor. And i dont nee done.
Do i have to change the midi sockets in the fcb1010? From 5 to 7?

Yes you guessed right!
Although I don't remember exactly which pin from Diezel supplies phantom power, both ends must be 7pins

>|<>QBB<
JohnRageOn":42b39 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yes you guessed right!
Although I don't remember exactly which pin from Diezel supplies phantom power, both ends must be 7pins

I don't think this is so, my controller runs of phantom power through 5 pins.

On MIDI-things Pins 1&5 aren´t used for data transfer, so you can use em for power.

@Bato:
Schreib mir ma ne Mail, das is eig recht simpel.

>|<>QBB<
Bierschinken":df430 said:
On MIDI-things Pins 1&5 aren´t used for data transfer, so you can use em for power.

@Bato:
Schreib mir ma ne Mail, das is eig recht simpel.

Correct...Pins 1 & 5 serve no purpose on a stock FBC1010. You just need to convert a 7 pin cable to a 5 pin cable making sure that whatever pins supply power in the 7 pin cable are converted to pins 1 & 5 for the 5 pin end.

:|::QBB:
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":96a8f said:
I use the MidiMoose, it works great, but the damn led for preset 1 blew already on me, it still works though just fine.

-Nick
Thanks!
Does phantom power work or do you run it on a battery?

Hi guys!

Wow! It´s unbelievable how easy it is to modify a FCB1010 to phantom power if you use a Herbert.

All you have to do is to cut the two yellow wires and solder them to Pin 1 and 3 of the Midi out Jack.

That´s all!
And you dondt need the on off switch anymore!

:thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using a midimate with my VH4, but using the rocktron "special" 5pin->7pin cable. I've been checking the specs of both the midimate and the VH4, but the VH4 provides 18VDC while the midimate expects 9VAC or 9VDC. Rocktron advised me not to try using a 7-7pin cable with this setup...

Anyone using this ? Will the midimate basically fry ? :)
I'm just trying to get rid of midimate's power adapter

tks!

mori":7d885 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently using a midimate with my VH4, but using the rocktron "special" 5pin->7pin cable. I've been checking the specs of both the midimate and the VH4, but the VH4 provides 18VDC while the midimate expects 9VAC or 9VDC. Rocktron advised me not to try using a 7-7pin cable with this setup...

tks!

Im feeding my Lexicon (MPX) R1 controller, which is 9V, straight from the VH4. Not a single problem. To be honest it seams that it is working better through phantom than it did through its own 9V DC power supply.

Does anyone have experience about Diezels (esp. VH4) in conjunction to Voodoolab GCX Audio Switcher and Ground Control Pro?

Either good or bad.

Thanks.

I have used the Ground Control Pro, it works very well. I bought the midi moose though because the control layout was familiar. The G. C. Pro is definitely a superior midi switch though.

-Nick

i'm using a VH-4 with ground control pro and the gcx. it works great.

Attachments

• IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 2,521
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    339.2 KB · Views: 2,516
That's what I thought as well.

(I asked this, because I have these Voodoolab products ordered and was preparing myself for the forthcoming cable-mess)

I quess there is no problems with the phantom power if you use just 3-pin MIDI cable from GCX to VH4. Correct?

Immersed,
Are you using all of your pedals (shown on your rack) in front of VH4 or in the loop or in the channel inserts?
At this point, the plans that I have for my setup will utilize all of these three connection alternatives.

Thanks guys!

mori":28a4f said:
Hi everyone,

tks!

I use a 7-7pin cable with my VH-4 and my Midimate for several years now and never had a problem - maybe I'm just a lucky bastard :) ...and btw, I thought the VH-4 delivers 12VDC, sure it is 18VDC?

assinger":c80ee said:

I use a 7-7pin cable with my VH-4 and my Midimate for several years now and never had a problem - maybe I'm just a lucky bastard :) ...and btw, I thought the VH-4 delivers 12VDC, sure it is 18VDC?

Well, I'm not sure. I've emailed diezel on this subject. The german manual states 12VDC, the english one 18VDC :)

I've talked to a few friends of mine who know a bit about electronics about the voltage (9V vs 12V/18V), and all of them advised me not to do it... :scared:
Even rocktron advised against it...

I guess I'll keep the adaptor...

i am using all the pedals in my rack. they go through the GCX and into the head. i run a 5 pin cable from the gcx to the head and out of the gcx to the ground control thats running on phantom power from the gcx. i also have a boss delay pedal going into serial fx loop of the vh-4 and it also goes into the gcx loop so i can turn it on and off from a preset on the ground control. all the other pedals are analog and true bypass. it wasn't too hard to hook up. alot of george l's cables. but it works and sounds awsome. check out www.myspace.com/immersedband there shoud be a live video of me using it.

Back