What phantom powered midi board do you use

Bullseye

Hi everyone,

I just got my first Diezel (VH4) at the end of last week and was wondering which phantom powered midi controller you were using successfuly with your VH 4?

I have read some guys here were having trouble with the rocktron midi mate, so I was hoping someone could lead me down the correct path.

I know that there is a Columbus option (but I have have had no luck finding one) so alternative controlers suggestions please.

Best wishes,

Bullseye

I use a Diezel Prototype which can be wired for either the VH4, or the Herbert. It is rugged, and does all I need of it.
I would suggest getting a Columbus as this is the newest version of this board, is made expressly for Diezel, so there will not be any problems.

I use an Axess Electronics MFC-5 with a Herbert - works great! I've also had good results with the Ground Control Pro.

Hi,

normally, Rocktron Midimate works perfectly.
The only problem I had was about phantom power supply (which should work)... And it didn't came from the midi mate.
The midi mate was compatible, anyway. But I needed the power adapter.
My little problem is being fixed at the moment.. (I F*%£NG MISS MY HERBERT!!!!)

:)

>|<>QBB<
Bourreau":18259 said:
Hi,

normally, Rocktron Midimate works perfectly.
The only problem I had was about phantom power supply (which should work)... And it didn't came from the midi mate.
The midi mate was compatible, anyway. But I needed the power adapter.
My little problem is being fixed at the moment.. (I F*%£NG MISS MY HERBERT!!!!)

:)

There was only a broken fuse inside Your amp :?

Randall RF-4 channel switcher for my Herbert. I use switch 1 for channel 1, 2 for channel 2, 3 for channel 3, and switch 4 for channel 3 with mid-cut. I need simplicity on stage.

HAaaaaa

:eek:

When I say I am a disaster in electronics, I'm not a liar!

THANK YOU, Peter, my savior ;)
I'm ready for your electronics course! :mrgreen:

Im using Lexicon MPX R1.
Well, that may be because I am also using the MPX G2 unit, thus making the R1 pedal the number one choice for me.

I use a Rocktron Midimate together (phantom powered) with my VH-4 for several years now and had absolutely no problem with it.

I got a Boss FC50 today, secondhand for 80 euro's. It needs 6 x 1,5 Volts batteries but, according to mu other guitarplayer who has the same unit, it runs forever on those batteries.

Storing the 4 channels took about 20 seconds.

bossmidipedalfc50.jpg

I was using an Axess Electronics MFC-5. Worked perfect. Just recently upgraded to there FX-1.... The best in the business. Have not tried the Columbus though, could be wrong :)

>|<>QBB<
KillDivision":c109c said:
I got a Boss FC50 today, secondhand for 80 euro's. It needs 6 x 1,5 Volts batteries but, according to mu other guitarplayer who has the same unit, it runs forever on those batteries.

Storing the 4 channels took about 20 seconds.

bossmidipedalfc50.jpg
With that kind of display it should survive the next millenium with a set of alkalines, thats true :D

>|<>QBB<
duesentrieb":00ad2 said:
>|<>QBB<
With that kind of display it should survive the next millenium with a set of alkalines, thats true :D

I just want to switch the 4 channels, no delay, chorus or other stuff in the effectloop(s) for me.

Less is more!! :roll:

Back