Something I have to get out...

Exeter

Whats up everybody. This is my first post but I've been checking out the forums for a while now. I just had something I had to get off of my chest.

I went around some music stores today with a family member of mine and the local Guitar Center actually happened to get a VH4 in today. The first one they've had in months and the saleman said the next one was 10 months out. I made a remark to my family member that I would love to own that amp and that I would be done buying amps for a very long time just because of the versatility alone, not to mention the sound and features. Not to mention the fact that running up on a Diezel from where I live is very rare. Of course my family member asked the price, I said its $4399.99 and he just looked at me as if I'd slapped him. He stated that spending that kind of money on something like that was silly and I should consider my money for more practical things, etc...

I'll never understand why music is such a taboo thing for most people. Some people like to fish, or buy expensive cars or whatever. Its not my thing but I understand it and I tolerate and push people to get what they want. Life is too short. I'll admit, four grand is not chump change by any means and it will be a long time before I'm able to afford one if I'm ever able to. But if I do then I'll be able to smile knowing that I'm happy whether that Diezel ever makes me a dime in the music business or not. Diezel represents that holy grail for a lot of people, myself included. I'm just grateful that I"ve actually gotten to hear one. Thanks for listening guys.

People say that shit to me all the time. Money is bull anyway, it's basically worthless. Its paper, no different from any other piece of paper except its cloth and a bunch of dipshits say it has X value. People make money out to be some sort of god when it's not.
Either way, both value, worth, practicality, etc are subjective to the individual. Do for yourself man, don't listen to others. I say if this thing I want is not good for you, be sure not to buy it, as for me, I'll do what I want.

@Exceter: Great post. You should save up for the things you want, and not settle for anything less. :)

Great post Exeter! Many here, myself included, feel the same as you do. I have gotten to the point that I don't listen to nay-sayers anymore as they have not a clue as to how I feel about something I love passionately. They cannot relate to my interests unless they also have that interest. Even if they do, everyone has different values, so there is still no guarrantee that they would understand that my desire for a certain product is understandable in their mind!
Go for the Diezel when you can, and be happy. You owe no excuses to anyone!

Stephen

When they balk at the amount of money an amp costs, just tell them, "well, I could always take up Harley riding".

That'll make a 4k amp look like chump change.

Yeah, great post, indeed. :)

I agree with you all.
The same happened to me.
And I really don't care about what other people could think about it. It is MY business.

My problem was that I felt guilty when I bought my Herbert... hehe.
I don't know why... I just don't often buy so expensive things, and I was afraid it could be a bad idea... I can't explain what I really felt at that moment. Just felt anxious and guilty... I didn't really know the brand "Diezel" when I bought it. I just fell in love with it, among the numerous other amps I tried.
I came back home with a 3000euros amps in my car. Hahahaha, strange feeling... Anxious and guilty... Maybe I'm rather mad... :D

To be honest, when I realized I WANTED this one and no other one, I phoned my father, in the store... :D :D (I don't know why either...)
He told me "What do you want me to tell you? you know you'll get it..."

When I plugged the amp, at home, coming back from the store in Germany, my guilty feeling went away :)
God, this amp rocks! I'll never regret it!

Well... just buy what you like. Life is short as you said.

HUHU, sorry for the uninteresting details... ;)

Yes, the amps are very expensive, but I´m not a rich man.
I can promise that they are built with heart and soul.

My wish is to have a quad. Maybe I can afford it 2008.

:wink:

Thats how you know quality, when the owner will put his products before his bank account. This is why Diezel is the best and worth every single cent.

I didn't want to underscore the "high" price of the amps in my previous post... sorry

I DO NOT doubt Peter's amps are made with heart and soul ^^

A lot of amps are expensive...
Peter's are well worth the price we pay, sincerely!!

:)

I really like this thread/first post.

If you want something and you think it's worth saving for that's it, just becoase to someone who doesn't understand our passion to play guitar doesn't understand amps/why they are 'so much'/different amp=different etc doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it :)

>|<>QBB<
Peter Diezel":5aa55 said:
Yes, the amps are very expensive, but I´m not a rich man.
I can promise that they are built with heart and soul.

My wish is to have a quad. Maybe I can afford it 2008.

:wink:

deffinantly :) and good luck Peter, I think everone on the Diezel forum should donate $10 to Peter for Christmas next year and let him get his Quad :LOL: :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the positive responses guys. Being a musician can sometimes be very frustrating and down right depressing from some of the comments that you get from other people around you. Its nice to know that there are other "crazy" people like myself who would spend a stupid amount of money on "damn guitar amp." :)

Dude if some of the guys on here listed their gear you'd realise that your not that bad wanting that ONE amp...

I play drums and guitar, nearly finished my guitar rig as I like it quite simple how it is with my Diezel Herbert :) but drums argh... you think guitars are expensive... haha and I play Death metal therefore drumset has to be this big *holds out arms really wide* ;) haha I suppose guitars are more expensive acctually becoase there's more to get, like effects, strings, guitars, amps etc I just like lots of cymbals :mrgreen:

>|<>QBB<
Svendiesel":03b63 said:
People say that shit to me all the time. Money is bull anyway, it's basically worthless. Its paper, no different from any other piece of paper except its cloth and a bunch of dipshits say it has X value. People make money out to be some sort of god when it's not.

Spoken like a true 19 year old :LOL:.

I always find it interesting that spending over $1K is often considered too expensive. How many guitars do we own? How much have we spent on pedals, recording equipment, accessories etc etc.? I think probably more than one great amp that does everything you want. Other instruments cost way more than guitars and amps. Even the high end stuff. Check prices on a top of the line wind or brass instrument. How about a violin or cello?

Egnater

Hello Peter. See you at NAMM?

In one way yes, another no. Money is given a value. If you go over to a dfferent country our good ole Washington dollar will suddenly be "worth" 75 cents or maybe 2 dollars. It's just cloth with a number on it :LOL:

>|<>QBB<
Svendiesel":5592d said:
In one way yes, another no. Money is given a value. If you go over to a dfferent country our good ole Washington dollar will suddenly be "worth" 75 cents or maybe 2 dollars. It's just cloth with a number on it :LOL:

Hey Peter....If I send you some cloth from my bed sheets, but I put some numbers on them, will you send me another Herbert...and a cabinet?

>|<>QBB<
bruce egnater":476ee said:
I always find it interesting that spending over $1K is often considered too expensive. How many guitars do we own? How much have we spent on pedals, recording equipment, accessories etc etc.? I think probably more than one great amp that does everything you want. Other instruments cost way more than guitars and amps. Even the high end stuff. Check prices on a top of the line wind or brass instrument. How about a violin or cello?

Egnater

Hello Peter. See you at NAMM?

Wow, Bruce Egnater posts here? Rig-Talk is awesome!

i see we all have the same problems, a nagging voice at the back of our head causing trouble! lol i'm a practical man and the day i bought my herbie, i actually told myself that i could buy a diezel and be happy for the rest of my life :D (cause this amp happened to play the sound i had in my head and couldn't find anywhere else!) or i could just buy an amp which would be just half the price ...but in the end i'll get rid of it in the next 6 months because i'd eventually realize it doesnt meet my expectations.. and then get another one and so on and so forth....when you come to think of it after 2 or 3 amps bought and sold that way, first you've reached the price of a diezel but second you are still not satisfied with your amp! and any sensible being will tell you that you should have bought a diezel in the first place if that's what you were looking for! conclusion if you want a diezel (or anything else for that matter) stick to it and GET IT, no matter the price or how long it takes to finally put your hand on it! you have but one life, so better play it...with a diezel! :p

Back