how do you tweak your 2 master volumes?? =)

madchap

i was just wondering what was the use most of you made of these two master volumes? is it crystal clear to you that M1 is for rhythm and M2 for leads or do you just stick to one or the other, you don't bother to think about that sort of thing?

i mainly use M1 for rhythm and i usually keep M2 with presence and bass for lead though i also play rhythm on M2 from time to time, which is in the end the one i use most overall, ...i find it it very useful when playing at low volume as well...so am i missing something? :? :D

ps= anyone uses the mid cut as sort of third master?

Hi! ;)

At the moment I'm using V1 for rythm, with Mid Cut

And I'm using V2 (a bit louder), for lead parts, without Mid Cut.

What an awesome amp! :) :eek: :)

>|<>QBB<
sevenstringer":4a5c5 said:
I was told by Salwender that the 2nd volume adds a gain stage. It sounds fuller, thicker in my opinion :\m/:

Really! I was trying them both today and I thought 2 might have sounded better. Not sure why. I will look into this more now!
I have a soundman so I best not change volumes.

>|<>QBB<
Bourreau":9e6ef said:
Hi! ;)

At the moment I'm using V1 for rythm, with Mid Cut

And I'm using V2 (a bit louder), for lead parts, without Mid Cut.

What an awesome amp! :) :eek: :)

thanks for all your answer! :)

i use it the same way as you then, and i guess the power of M2 lies in the presence and deep knob which have a tremendous impact on the sound...which is somewhat similar to what seven stringer said, but i have not come to master them fully yet, though i'm still working my way with 'em to see what i can pull out!

>|<>QBB<
madchap":526c5 said:
>|<>QBB<

thanks for all your answer! :)

i use it the same way as you then, and i guess the power of M2 lies in the presence and deep knob which have a tremendous impact on the sound...which is somewhat similar to what seven stringer said, but i have not come to master them fully yet, though i'm still working my way with 'em to see what i can pull out!

I'm still not sure if my DEEP knob is functioning correct. Do you guys hear a massive difference at low volume at home? :?

Not at low volume but absolutely at high volume. Its more of a FEEL the bass control then a tone shaper to me. So if the speakers aren't loud enough to push the frequencies it'll be harder to hear working.

well depends on what ones call low volume (ya deaf or what!???lol) but if i play with channel volume at, let's say 7'o clock, which is quite low IMHO (!), and master knob set in a likewise manner, to me it makes quite a huge diffrence if i turn deep knob to the full! :eek:
ps= i play on a homemade 4*10 at home...

>|<>QBB<
madchap":c63bf said:
well depends on what ones call low volume (ya deaf or what!???lol) but if i play with channel volume at, let's say 7'o clock, which is quite low IMHO (!), and master knob set in a likewise manner, to me it makes quite a huge diffrence if i turn deep knob to the full! :eek:
ps= i play on a homemade 4*10 at home...

How about a gain channel? I run my Channel volumes 1/2 or more up (Noonish) and the master real low at home. Say 8 oclock, Crank the DEEP- do you hear it?
I ask because my Herbert was into Uwe the past 2 months for this exact reason; No Deep! :x

Well, according to me, even at low volume (channels at noon, master at 8:00), deep changes are very audible when I put the deep knob at minimum and then at maximum.

Have you tried on another cab? :?

>|<>QBB<
Bourreau":b5db6 said:
Well, according to me, even at low volume (channels at noon, master at 8:00), deep changes are very audible when I put the deep knob at minimum and then at maximum.

Have you tried on another cab? :?

I can't tell a difference between cranked deep and no deep! I'm pretty sure I should be able too. I only have one cab at home.
The amp still sounds great.
It's a long story, but yesterday I got the amp back from Uwe and it didn't seem to work. Than when I put a 3rd tube change in V1 & it seemed to get big. I assumed the Deep was now working. And I was really loud so I thought it made a difference when I moved the Deep around.
Today I'm not sure.
Uwe swears it was working. But I can't hear it enough to be able to tell. :-o
Here is a clip: Oops wrong clip here is a "Do you hear the deep video"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaEsvYv2brA

I definitely hear a big difference turning the deep control at any volume. At least on the Einstein combo.

I am assuming that we are talking about the Einstein.
I set my M1 for the regular playing levels after setting up the tones and distortion.
I use M2 for a slight boost when M1 may not cut through.

I did some recording over the weekend in a 24 track studio using the Einstein. We were going to combine the compensated out feature of the Einstein with a mic, originally. We tried numerous high-end ribbon mics and condensor mics, but in the final analysis, the compensated out sounded just like the mics used, so we skipped using the mics and just used the compensated out. The engineer used to work for Sony on their extremely high-end recording desks and he couldn't get over the great sound quality of the compensated out on the Einstein.
Again, Peter rules! I needed very little distortion to get the sound I wanted and wound up using mode two on channel one with the gain set barely above 9 o'clock. What glorious tones through a Les Paul!
Sweet singing tones with just a bit of hair and it sat in the mix beautifully.
Thank you Peter!

>|<>QBB<
Ampaddict":65cf8 said:
MadChap sorry for hijacking your thread btw
no problem, if that may help, i raise my hands up!lol :wink:

i checked you video, is it supposed to be working??? cause to me it's definitely not...on mine there is as much difference when i play with the deep knob as when you play with the bass knob on the EQ...even at really low volume... if you're close to the cab (about like you are in your video) you can FEEL the bass quite clearly thru you,... makes me shiver or wobble (depends on the volume!)!!lol

>|<>QBB<
C-4":36cd8 said:
I am assuming that we are talking about the Einstein.
I set my M1 for the regular playing levels after setting up the tones and distortion.
I use M2 for a slight boost when M1 may not cut through.

I did some recording over the weekend in a 24 track studio using the Einstein. We were going to combine the compensated out feature of the Einstein with a mic, originally. We tried numerous high-end ribbon mics and condensor mics, but in the final analysis, the compensated out sounded just like the mics used, so we skipped using the mics and just used the compensated out. The engineer used to work for Sony on their extremely high-end recording desks and he couldn't get over the great sound quality of the compensated out on the Einstein.
Again, Peter rules! I needed very little distortion to get the sound I wanted and wound up using mode two on channel one with the gain set barely above 9 o'clock. What glorious tones through a Les Paul!
Sweet singing tones with just a bit of hair and it sat in the mix beautifully.
Thank you Peter!

reminds me of my first recording with the herbert,...my bass player who's not a sound engineer at all, but rather dabbles in it (quite well for that matter) told me roughly the same thing! last time we were rehearsing, he just came by, stood in front of my cab, grabbed the mics and got rid of them all ...then he turned back to me and said...well YOU definitely no longer need those!... and he got back to the mixing deck! :LOL:

Back