Herbert Deep missing in action MOVED

Ampaddict

I can't tell a difference between cranked deep and no deep! I'm pretty sure I should be able too. I only have one cab at home.
The amp still sounds great.
It's a long story, but yesterday I got the amp back from Uwe and it didn't seem to work. Than when I put a 3rd tube change in V1 & it seemed to get big. I assumed the Deep was now working. And I was really loud so I thought it made a difference when I moved the Deep around.
Today I'm not sure.
Uwe swears it was working. But I can't hear it enough to be able to tell.
Here is a clip:
"Do you hear the deep video"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaEsvYv2brA

^I can't really tell the differnce either. I will say that I can hear a difference on my herbert from even minor changes in the deep knob.

Try it with single coil pickups and preferably a bright guitar like a tele. I think that's when its most noticeable.

Normally you'd feel the deep like a punch in the guts. There's two reasons I can think of: either the deep is broken or you're plugging in a cab that can't handle the bass. That's what happened to me when I plugged my Einstein into a cheap Marshall Valvestate cab. I seriously thought the amp was broken because it sounded like... well it did actually sound a bit worse than a Valvestate through that cab. :D Apart from sounding like shit in general, nothing happened when cranking the deep. Through my Bogner 4x12 the sound was back to normal - but I nearly crapped my pants before. :LOL:

Even regular Marshall cab sometimes can't handle the bass and nothing happens when turning up the deep. You definitly need a solid and reasonably stiff cab with the Diezels.

Thanks for the response guys! :eek:ps: What a drag! 2 months to Uwe last round. I was hoping to use it this weekend. I'm useing it with a mesa Standard Cab (the BIG one) customised w/ 2 Vintage 65 watt Celestions and the Standard V30's.

your deep knob has certainly a problem then, cause i tried it this afternoon to be dead sure (which i already was but..) and at any volume you can feel a pretty significant difference between no deep and full deep!...try to ask peter maybe he has an inkling where the problem comes from... :?

>|<>QBB<
madchap":7d47e said:
your deep knob has certainly a problem then, cause i tried it this afternoon to be dead sure (which i already was but..) and at any volume you can feel a pretty significant difference between no deep and full deep!...try to ask peter maybe he has an inkling where the problem comes from... :?

Thanks for the confirmation! :D This is my 4th Diezel and I was pretty sure there is a noticable diff when the DEEP is cranked! :x

Of course there is a huge difference if krancked up or not. And i think it doesn´t matter which cabinet you use to feel or hear the difference.
You can hear it with a cheap Behringer Box too, because this box is very "bassy".
At the lowest Vol.Setting i can feel a difference on my Herbert.

>|<>QBB<
Rufus Leaking":b45b3 said:
Elmo to the rescue!! :D :wink:

Elmo ROCKS, but the Diezel is fun too. Originally had to sell it. But because ther DEEP didn't work we sent it to Diezel USA. They fixed it but it doesn't sound fixed.... I sold my IIC+ to pay for keeping the Herbert. I want DEEP!

Sorry to hear that, The deep control
should have a massive influence to
the tone.

I´m at Uwe from 01/15 to 01/23.

Please contact Uwe.

>|<>QBB<
Peter Diezel":a3c0c said:
the tone.

Please contact Uwe.

I am shipping it back to Uwe this week. If you see it sign it! Thanks!
Todd

>|<>QBB<
Peter Diezel":dca22 said:
the tone.

Please contact Uwe.

What ended up being the problem? Uwe said it worked when you checked out the amp but you replaced it anyway? 8) The amp should be here next Tuesday! :D
Thanks Peter!
:hump:

Back