G-Major + VH4

>|<>QBB<
Random Hero":889df said:
Sorry, not meaning to hijack, but on the Herbert can you use the Serial as a switchable loop or not?

I have my G-Major in my switchable parallel loop at the minute, and the delays seem quite over-powering, whilst the choruses are underwhelming. It worked fine in the loop of my old 2ch Recto.

I don't wanna use the serial loop if the degredation in tone is that great though, so any ideas?
Herbert has a
permanant serial
permanent parallel
and midi switchable serial loop.

I'm using the serial perm. and few fx. Just tweak in/out of the major until there`s no vol loss. Works fine for me - and worked fine with my VH4 and Einstein. I use the switchable serial to add some preamps or a full amp hooked to load using its line-out to expand the whole rig.

>|<>QBB<
duesentrieb":54665 said:
>|<>QBB<
Herbert has a
permanant serial
permanent parallel
and midi switchable serial loop.

I'm using the serial perm. and few fx. Just tweak in/out of the major until there`s no vol loss. Works fine for me - and worked fine with my VH4 and Einstein. I use the switchable serial to add some preamps or a full amp hooked to load using its line-out to expand the whole rig.

So, I have the send from the amp coming from the switchable Send, going into the balanced input on the G-Major, and the return going into the parallel loop return. Is this incorrect? I thought this was how I ran the loop if I wanted it to switch in and out and not be permanently in the signal path. Is this using it as a switchable serial or parallel?

I'm a little confused... but it works...

>|<>QBB<
simbasa":0325c said:
Gmajor DEFINITELY colors the tone of my Einstein even when bypassed and it's collecting dust right now.

Instead of setting to bypass, set a patch to 0% wet mix and call that up for bypass "affect".

>|<>QBB<
Random Hero":b247b said:
>|<>QBB<

So, I have the send from the amp coming from the switchable Send, going into the balanced input on the G-Major, and the return going into the parallel loop return. Is this incorrect? I thought this was how I ran the loop if I wanted it to switch in and out and not be permanently in the signal path. Is this using it as a switchable serial or parallel?

I'm a little confused... but it works...

To TRULY run parallel, you'd take the FX send of your amp into your G-major, then take the outs of the G-major into a seperate poweramp running another cab.

Back