Anyone here attempted to cop a Tool tone with their VH4 or Herbert?

>|<>QBB<
Svendiesel":606e4 said:
lol dude I've seen that same picture of that VH4 on like 300 "different" ebay auctions, which coincidentally were all deleted by ebay only a few hours after they were put up. Funny enough your picture also has the little camera watermark that ebay brands on pictures in auctions on the bottom right. nice try though.

dear jerkoff,

i've seen the amp in person and after describing it in a thread on HC, the latest "ebay buyer" posted the photo and i saved it to computer for personal reference. i didn't say i took the picture, just said i had one, read the thread at HC:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1480903

came here to avoid stupid HC-like comments, thanks for the effort though

:oops:

Hahaha woah internet tough guy getting defensive, huh? Did you learn to call people jerkoffs from the people on HC, whose comments you are also trying to avoid? Cause you know, thats the cool thing to do. You want to avoid stuff like this then don't post a picture claiming it to be Jones' amp when this picture was on several ebay auctions that were deleted because they were bogus.

>|<>QBB<
Svendiesel":41b94 said:
Hahaha woah internet tough guy getting defensive, huh? Did you learn to call people jerkoffs from the people on HC, whose comments you are also trying to avoid? Cause you know, thats the cool thing to do. You want to avoid stuff like this then don't post a picture claiming it to be Jones' amp when this picture was on several ebay auctions that were deleted because they were bogus.

haha, my apologies for being jumpy, used to reacting to the typical HC clown.

anyways, i don't know anything about bogus ebay auctions, could've been bogus auctions because someone listed the item for sale and only had pictures but no amp in possession, i don't know the story.

in all truth, i didn't want to disclose where i saw the amp because i didn't know if it would reflect poorly on the location(s) that i wrote down the settings and posted them online.

carry on :)

I just wanted to say that from my experience with the amp that those settings look like they would be reletively close. I tried to get his sound and never could but the closest I ever got was with the same ratio of bass/mid/treb/gain. I say ratio because, I used less of everything.

Back