My Diezel sounds nicest through a xxxxx 4x12 Cab....

What cab do you think SOUNDS BEST with your Diezel (not which one you happen to own)?

• Diezel Front Loaded 4x12 V30s or V12s

Votes: 44 89.8%
  • Diezel Rear Loaded 4x12 V30s or V12s

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Mesa Recto Standard 4x12

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Mesa Recto Traditional 4x12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Engl 4x12 V30s (dunno what versions of this there are I'm afraid!)

• Bogner Standard 4x12 V30s

• Bogner Uberschall 4x12 (X pattern)

• Marshall 1960

• VHT 4x12 V30s

• Other (please say!)

• Total voters

Me

Hello!

I thought I'd make a poll for what cab you think your Diezel Herbert sounds nicest through. I've never seen a proper poll on this.

NOTE: This is more of a poll for happiness of tone, not which one you happen to own and use it with by chance; so if you haven't really compared cabs and don't really know, don't vote please! (i.e. I have a Marshall 1960A, but I haven't tried my Herbert with other cabs so don't believe it sounds best through the Marshall; hence I'm not voting).

Then I can go out and try it with e.g. the top 3 cabs.

I suppose VH-4 owners are allowed to join in too! :)

Feel free to post comments too on what you tried and why you liked other things...and what style of music you do too!

I'm afraid I just went for 4x12 cabs as that's what I'd buy (and also I'm getting bored with typing cabs in)!

Free free to point out other great cabs I've missed and how stupid I am.

Also if you custom loaded your cab point out all the wonky variations you tried!

(BTW: I just had to reduce from 26 options as it won't let me have a poll that big :( - just post if it was one of those missing 16!)

I've tried the Herbert with:

Mesa Standard - Decent but a bit boomy and muddy. Had to turn the bass way down and cut the gain to clear it up.

Bogner Ubercab - Very nice sounding cab overall, no complaints.

Diezel 412F with V30 - My favorite so far, more focused and cutting Mids then the Ubercab. Very tight on the low end and clear sound all around.

I've usually run my Einstein with a Marshall 1960AX with celestion 'greenbacks'

Sounds absolutely fantastic!

Very smooth overdrive and distortion, especially nice on the texas and mega modes on channel one. I should be recording with the Einstein in the next couple of weeks - so i'll get tracks up here when it's all done!

I use 2 Mesa Standards however each (of 2) are are customized with 65's or 70 watt Celestions and V30's in an "X" pattern.

Mid 90's Hughes and Kettner Attax cab with the "Blue Fuzzy" exterior. It has 100 watt Eminience, front loaded, completely sealed. INSANE cleans and even beter crunch

I own a Diezel front loaded cab, loaded with V30.
It records the best with this setup.
But it sounds better through a VHT 4x12 loaded with P50E

I tried my Herbie w/ Engl Std. V30 and V60, Mesa Trad., Diezel frontloaded, and the Engl V30 won.

Owned/tried:
Diezel 4x12 V30 FL
Diezel 4x12 Customs FL
Marshall 1960A
Marshall 1960A with really old G12H
Marshall 1940A with GT75 and 2 Customs
Diezel 4x12 FL with GT75 and V30

several 2x12" rear and frontloaded . . .

the old 1960 G12H was perfect with my VH4, I also liked the 412 FL Diezel with the Ãœber-Mix a lot.

I run my Herbert through a one-off Diezel 2x12 with G-12H's. The cab does not look like the regular Diezel 2x12 cab and was built at Peter and Uwe's suggestion by their cab maker for lower volume and session recording.

My Einstein is housed in the original slightly larger Diezel cab built for the 50 watt combo version of the Einstein and has a V-30 in it.

diezel1a.jpg

Mesa Recto 2x12 Verticle Slant cab with V30s. It is the perfect mate for my Herbert...even though Herbie hangs over the edges a little!

I run my Einstein through a 1960a vintage 30 cab and also just got a Marshall AHWb cab with g12h-30s. The AHW b cab is fantastic!

Hi guys!
I've tried my VH4S with several cabs I hope this might help someone to choose...
_Brunetti XL cab: very warm, reminds me of an old 1960 cab but not tight enough for my taste...
_Mesa rectifier oversized loaded with V30: this one sounded great, with lot of lowend but a little bit muddy.
_engl with V30: Good cab but with this metal front there's too much treble for me...
_Line 6(vetta cab? don't remember but who cares? :D ) I think this cab is made exclusively for line 6 products I almost didn't recognized my beloved amp.
_Diezel realoaded with V30: this one is actually the cab I've kept It's very close to the mesa for me in terms of sound but not muddy in the lows.
I think I'll come to musikmesse this year because I'm reading in the forums and the reviews that frontloaded cabs sounds better so I'd like to try and hear the difference between the diezel cabs.
By the way all the statements in this message are purely subjectives and are small differences between the cabs I've already tested.
Don't worry whatever cab you chose if you plug a Diezel head in it will rip your head off :uzi:
These are killing machines,
Sorry for my poor english and enjoy your diezel(s),
Cheers. :prost:

I love my Marshall Cab. It´s a 1960AX but loaded with Vintage30 speakers.
But i only tried Marshall Cabs. Loaded with G12T75, Greenbacks, mixed loads and so on.....

I would like to try some other Cabs, but the Sound of my Marshall is fantastic.

Back