Quick Herbert question.

eric_kv2

I own an Engl savage 120 that runs on 6550 tubes. I really enjoy the tones I get, but I think I want to try out a Herbert being that I am a gearhead and always wanted to own more than one amp. Can the herbert run on all 6550's without having to modify the circuit? Usually one would think that you would have to change resistors to compensate. Also, I live in the USA. Do any of you North American forum members have reccomended places or people to buy Diezel's from? Thank you in advance for the replies and I hope to join the family soon. P.S. I think that it was an ingenious idea that the Herbert can accept different power tubes. I would love to try out 6l6s for the clean, kt77s for a crunch, and 6550s for a seperate channel. Keep up the great ideas Peter Diezel. :)

Yes. You can run most any tube type by just installing them and setting the bias. You can even run different tube pairs at the same time.

I bought my Herbert from Tone Merchants. It was a good experience. Josh from Rebel Amps and who posts on this board sells them too.

Back