Anyone had this problem with the Herbert?

bubba g

My band was playing last weekend and it was the first time out with my Herbert. It was the first time I used the MIDI channel switching also, and in one song I switched from channel one to channel two. There was no sound from channel two. We finished the song and there was a BARELY audible sound coming from channel two. I switched it manually to channel three and the same thing - BARELY audible. I switched back to channel one and had full volume. I turned the amp off and back on and it worked fine.
This happened once more that night. I have since discovered I had the amp on Omni MIDI receive (I have a MIDI-controlled rack effects unit also). With switching the Herbert to receive MIDI on one channel only I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Could this have been the entire problem or is there something more serious going on? By the way, this was the BEST TONE I have ever had playing out, BY FAR!

Kevin

it's happened, random silence, on / off and it goes away, happened maybe twice in the life of the amp over 2 years now, who knows, there's so much going on, a monkey picking stocks has a better chance of figuring it out... not sure if peter has pinpointed it.

Thanks for the post, Mr Ten. When I ran the amp on Omni mode, it would still do the program change, but if I hit the same patch, it would switch to some random program. With the amp receiving one channel only, that problem has corrected.
Also, I never had this problem with manual channel switching - hopefully it's solved.

good follow-up, i'll let you know if i follow your steps and it still happens, hasn't occurred in a long time, thanks.

Back