any ideas for giving Einstein some PUNCH?

simbasa

Any suggestions ...maybe some kt77 tubes to take some of the mids down? I just ordered some of those tung-sol 12ax7 preamp tubes for all slots as the tubes were bad for channel 2. Maybe a boost of some kind? Not too familiar with pedals. Anyone try some 6550 power tubes in the Einy?

well it's punchIER but I was looking for more and at lower volumes as well. Not just live but recorded as well.

mids down? hmmmm not sure about that but on the clean channel on my Herbert if you put the treble up much and use say the bridge pickup and play some chords the sound is waaay punchy, then again I use 3mm picks haha and I assume you mean for distortion... just generally treble and mids up will give you punch I think, more distortion in my opinion will give you less though as it smoothens out the tone in my opinion.

For rhythm use the 1st channel mode 3, don't set the gain too high (maybe 1 o'clock at most), turn down the bass, turn up the mids, presence and maybe treble as well.

>|<>QBB<
Sam Laming":4d938 said:
mids down? hmmmm not sure about that but on the clean channel on my Herbert if you put the treble up much and use say the bridge pickup and play some chords the sound is waaay punchy, then again I use 3mm picks haha and I assume you mean for distortion... just generally treble and mids up will give you punch I think, more distortion in my opinion will give you less though as it smoothens out the tone in my opinion.
Yea more gain smooths it out. I run it at about 1 oclock on both channels and it's a little crunchier but still not as much as I like. The problem is I am comparing it to my VHT cl50 which is super punchy, so anything I can do to get more punch while still keeping the dynamics is what I want. The VHT is nice but so 2 dimensional compared to the Einstein. That's the problem with so many modern high gainers.

Here's how I run my rhythm channel, and it's very punchy, IMO. Channel 1, mode 2 (texas) - Gain nearly full on (5-6 o'clock), channel volume at noon, treble at 3 o'clock, mids at 10 o'clock, bass at 3 o'clock, deep at 3 o'clock, and presence at 1-2 o'clock. With my les paul this is balls to the wall! I am however not playing metal, rather a very chunky hard rock, so it's all about personal taste, and I've NEVER had a better sound than my Einstein gives me! :weedman:

Thanks for the tips. Yea it's definitely more punchy with a les paul but It's just not the same as my VHT. Just thinking there has to be a way to up the punch and relieve some of the upper mids. I guess I'm gonna try some pedal action and see what I come up with.

Maybe you should try a booster. I use a Reussenzehn Röhrich which colours the sound a little bit and gives definetly more punch.

Thanx for all responses. would like to try a front loaded cab soon. just retubed all slots with those tung-sol...now it has too much gain and my cleans are not as 'clean' and warm as with the shuguang. the gain sounds perhaps a little tighter and dynamic...but my preamp tube for the second channel was bad since i bought it. might go back to shuguang and keep the tung-sols as spares for my other amps

Back