What about a Herbert Combo, fifty watt powered?!?

Viewing all the questions people ask for "reducing amp's power" and "what's the best Diezel amp for metalhead" :twisted: ;
I'm thinking i'm not the only one that really want something like a fifty powered herbert head or combo. :mrgreen: :D
I know that there already is the einstein, but he is too clever for me:p , even if I'm student in Physics! :LOL:

And you what do you think about it???
Diezel rules

A Herbert or VH4 can play at lower volumes trust me. It's a matter of the cab that you use.
Why should Peter build a 50watt version of Herbert?
Even if he launched a 50watt Herbert Combo the price would be higher than the head!

Edit 1: + All Diezels can do 'metal' and were designed for this from the very beginning. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

^^ Like he said. I run my Herbie at home w/ an Engl 4x12 w/ Celestion V30's in it and I have no problem with the amount of noise it makes. Also keep in mind that reducing the output power to 50 watts won't really help the volume being less than with the 180 watt head. It will just reduce the headroom, which is not really what we want now do we? ;)

Yes, but just want to play diezel for less money!
And I don't want to pay the 130 watts that i'll never use!!! :wink:
I know that stadium aren't for me :LOL:
Even if i know that this shouldn't exactly be the same sound, i don't need this
amount of power. I just need it to be more portable and easy to play when you'r at home, surrounded by old women calling you "devil" when put on your amp! :LOL: (i don't want the police back again at home 8) )

Well, take out some tubes then. This will reduce the power output by a few watts. Again, wattage has nothing (almost) to do with volume. 50 watts tube will still be loud as hell - not much difference to 180 watts to be exact.
When you play large venues you don't need 180 watts, just to clear that up, cos you'll get mic'ed and use the arenas pa system. 30 watts would be more than enough since it's not your amp producing the volume, it's the pa.

Ok , thanks for the answers.
:)
But I haven't enough money to buy one; and it's the first reason why I ask for a "light herbie", the second are the weight and the volume, making it easier to take away.
So you think that 30 watt should be better for my needs?

I feel that I will not play on Diezel this year! :cry:

you really need to re evaluate the einstien combo, i own a herbert and would kill to get an einstien combo to go with it. just try it, the thing has more gain than you need to play anything heavy from dream theater and steve vai to buckcherry and lamb of god. it hsa way more gain than my old mark iv

tool tones can easily be coaxed out of an einstien, it depends on your ear for e q ing the thing and your hands and your guitar. but think of it this way, adam jones uses a marshall and a diezel to carve out his sound. the einstien is peter diezel's vision of a marshall style diezel amp. its gonna be really close. they rock man seriously!

I'm sure,but it's because all the samples i have listen are kind of blues rock sometimes heavy, but no modern metal? and the problem is that i can't find a shop here to test the einstein...
:?
So ok for tool kind of sound. 8)
now, Did you ear the kind of sound wes borland use in the link http://www.myspace.com/blacklightburns ; on the song 'lie' (big sound part).
I think it's a VH4? wrong? Do you think it's possible with the Einstein?

:?

after listening tones of clips... the herbert sound darker than the einstein? wrong?
So I prefer the herbert's voicing, but they have both the same kind of sound... :?
I don't want to wait for years before get an herbert :cry: ...
Thanks for all your suggestion, now i know what i just have to do: wait...wait...

thanx for the kind words about my band and my playing. wait if you think it is really what you want, but you need to play them all in person with your hands on them before you spend any money!

Here is a metal sound that you can achieve with the einstein. The guitar is mex strat with a dimarzio fast track 2 pickup.
http://pageperso.aol.fr/Doud951/sample+diezel+canal+2+batt.wma

thanks again! Understood that the einstein is metal too! :twisted:
So the quest is launch to find a shop in France where I can test all this amps!
Et merci mrdoud pour le sample! c'est ton propre ampli?

I would not say the Einstein is a metal amp. It has more gain than most amps but the sound is soft and smooth and a bit 'loose' compared to my VHT. It can do metal but not nearly as well as a Herbert or VHT. I would love to see a Herbert with a half power switch for sweeter lead tones. I love 50 watters for leads.

^^ Agreed. The Einstein, to me, is primarily for Rock and stuff like that. I think Peter made it with this kind of music in mind.

Back