Sims Custom Shop Paint job remorse

What a piece of shit... you should help all those out with that return address on your package though so they can show up at his place and pay a suprize visit for all those whom he still owes guitars to.

I recently did business with Patrick Sims at Sims Custom Shop in Chattanooga, TN. I had a guitar body painted. What was quoted to me as a 3 month job took 9 months. The paint job is good (8 out of 10 (slight divots and dents)) but dealing with this man is a nightmare. He never returns calls or emails and, when/if he does, he uses every excuse in the book. I normally don’t waste my time writing bad reviews, but he shouldn’t be dealing with the general public. BEWARE!!! GO ELSEWHERE! EVERYTHING YOU READ ABOUT HIM IS TRUE!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

droptrd":2s2dzchb said:
Wow this guy is up there with voodooman. Maybe worse cause his work is more expensive than VMs switches.

That's openings a whole bag of worms. Another scumbag.

DestroyerMVP":22yoziv2 said:
I recently did business with Patrick Sims at Sims Custom Shop in Chattanooga, TN. I had a guitar body painted. What was quoted to me as a 3 month job took 9 months. The paint job is good (8 out of 10 (slight divots and dents)) but dealing with this man is a nightmare. He never returns calls or emails and, when/if he does, he uses every excuse in the book. I normally don’t waste my time writing bad reviews, but he shouldn’t be dealing with the general public. BEWARE!!! GO ELSEWHERE! EVERYTHING YOU READ ABOUT HIM IS TRUE!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Wish I had seen these posts 9 months ago. He still has mine. Had it since end of January. Told me it would be 8-10 weeks. I'm a patient person ,but that's run out. Finally contacted him again in June said it was finished ,but needed to cure 6 weeks before buffing. That was 11 weeks ago. If I have to get a lawyer I'll tear him a new one. I'll get mine back if I have to go get it.

I have used Pat Wilkins (Wilkins guitarworks and refinishing) for several refinishes. He is the best in the business. his prices are fair and he is usually very good on time too. You cannot go wrong with Pat.

PM me for before and after pics,

Bo Pittman (Pittman paint and airbrush) is awesome for any custom work. He paints Steel Panthers guitars but he can do way way more than just 80s stuff.

If you want a standard paint job that is better than factory check out Southbound Custom in Nashville, TN. Their work is incredible and the guys are great.

Hey All,

First post here!

A few months back, I was looking to get my Ibanez JS2450 painted, and I decided to go with Sims Custom Shop. I sent the guitar to them, and a few weeks later I stumbled on this thread. Needless to say, I panicked! I didn't think I would see my new $2700 guitar again.

Now, as I stumbled upon this thread, I am sure that there are other people who have as well...or will in the future. So, I thought I would give my thoughts and impressions of my experience with Patrick, and the Sims Custom Shop.

First of all, when I was choosing the color that I wanted, Patrick called a few times to discuss it. I learned a LOT about paint, even the molecular structure of Kameleon colors, and why they change colors in light. Pretty stinkin' awesome! He emailed a few photos as well to show what it would look like.

A few weeks past, and I got an email saying that the paint was done curing, and that he was about to start sanding and buffing. He told me to go jump on his Facebook page. when I got onto his page, he had a live feed set up, and he was sanding and buffing the body of my guitar! Holy shit! It was freaking awesome! I have never heard of ANYONE taking the time to do that! I got to see the process, and I got to see him working on it!

A few days later, I got to watch him rewire it. A few days after that, I got to watch him tune it, and play it for a few minutes.

I think all of these videos are still on his Facebook page, if you want to check it out.

In the end, Patrick promised my guitar would be done in 8 weeks, and I had it back in my hands pretty darn close to that! But, the best part is that this thing is unbelievable! I've never seen a finish SO smooth. Seriously.

A few people may have a few issues in the past, but I have to say that my experience was awesome! And, my JS looks better than I could have ever imagined!

I hope this helps anyone who is considering sending their guitar to Sims Custom Shop. I'm sending another one to them next week! :) :) :) :) :)

Attachments

• conner_js2450_003.jpg
    conner_js2450_003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 7,924
pconner":zub5gkyn said:
Hey All,

First post here!

A few months back, I was looking to get my Ibanez JS2450 painted, and I decided to go with Sims Custom Shop. I sent the guitar to them, and a few weeks later I stumbled on this thread. Needless to say, I panicked! I didn't think I would see my new $2700 guitar again.

Now, as I stumbled upon this thread, I am sure that there are other people who have as well...or will in the future. So, I thought I would give my thoughts and impressions of my experience with Patrick, and the Sims Custom Shop.

First of all, when I was choosing the color that I wanted, Patrick called a few times to discuss it. I learned a LOT about paint, even the molecular structure of Kameleon colors, and why they change colors in light. Pretty stinkin' awesome! He emailed a few photos as well to show what it would look like.

A few weeks past, and I got an email saying that the paint was done curing, and that he was about to start sanding and buffing. He told me to go jump on his Facebook page. when I got onto his page, he had a live feed set up, and he was sanding and buffing the body of my guitar! Holy shit! It was freaking awesome! I have never heard of ANYONE taking the time to do that! I got to see the process, and I got to see him working on it!

A few days later, I got to watch him rewire it. A few days after that, I got to watch him tune it, and play it for a few minutes.

I think all of these videos are still on his Facebook page, if you want to check it out.

In the end, Patrick promised my guitar would be done in 8 weeks, and I had it back in my hands pretty darn close to that! But, the best part is that this thing is unbelievable! I've never seen a finish SO smooth. Seriously.

A few people may have a few issues in the past, but I have to say that my experience was awesome! And, my JS looks better than I could have ever imagined!

I hope this helps anyone who is considering sending their guitar to Sims Custom Shop. I'm sending another one to them next week! :) :) :) :) :)

nothing anyone says at this point would make me give him my business. most likely you just got lucky. I have heard a lot more horror stories than just what is posted here.

pconner":3vu475rb said:
Hey All,

First post here!

Nice write up Patrick!

Nope, not Patrick. My name is Paul Conner, and everything I said was true. You can go onto his Facebook page and see him working on my Ibanez if you don't believe me.

Look, I don't know what he did in the past, and frankly, I don't care. The point is, he has his shit together now. He did an amazing job on my JS. People interested in sending him a custom job should know what he is doing now.

pconner":26sx7q4b said:
Nope, not Patrick. My name is Paul Conner, and everything I said was true. You can go onto his Facebook page and see him working on my Ibanez if you don't believe me.

Look, I don't know what he did in the past, and frankly, I don't care. The point is, he has his shit together now. He did an amazing job on my JS. People interested in sending him a custom job should know what he is doing now.

Well there you go folks... all you need to know to part with your dollars.....

I remembered reading this thread about three minutes after sending this guy an email last night. He replied in 33 minutes late on a Sunday night but after reading this and numerous other threads on other forums I think I'll be moving on!

Wow! I am glad I just found this thread in a Google search I was just about to send Patrick Sims one of my Les Pauls to repaint!
Yall need to make this a sticky!

Thanks,
Romeo Rose

Back