Bad guy on Gear Page. Warning

Knockout

So, after 8+ years of trading/collecting guitars I have to write my first bad feedback. There were few bad trades alone the way, but they all were rectified on both sides. This time it could not be, and matter of fact I sensed a liar who does not belong on the forums where we work so hard to preserve the honest and pleasant transaction for all of us who love everything guitar.

So, I did a trade with George Jacobs, aka Hemer’s On, proguitars2014 on Ebay. He offered me a trade for two of my Custom Shop Deans. One of the Deans was dinged up, so I thought I’d make a deal if there is a trade for both of them. They both were ‘one offs’ from the NAMM 2016 Dean booth. George offered me, what he said a “Brand new, mint, collectors” PRS Wood Library CU24 at $4900 of value. I kinda wanted to get a brand new, expensive PRS for me to keep for good, as you all know you don’t trade guitars as new after you get them second time, so it was definitely a keeper. So, he told me on the message (attached) that ‘his guitar is new’, and send me a link to Ebay store where he advertised it as ‘New, Mint, collector’s guitar’. The exact words (see attached) “Guitar has nothing on it. Perfect came from collector.”

So, I sent George two of my Dean and some cash via PPG. I miscalculated my checking account depth saw the first payment didn’t go through and the PayPal said it will repeat the transaction. I didn’t want George to wait so I sent money again, kindly asking him to send me the double charge back if it comes to it. He did send that back, after couple days of me reminding him about it.

My guitars went to his place before he sent the PRS and were on Ebay before the PRS even arrived to my house.

So I came home and opened up the PRS hopping to smell the ‘new PRS’ smell, but was met with stale smell of the gigged guitar, literally it smelled like the guitar been out on the gigs few time, you know that smell. I took bubble wrap of the guitar and the first thing I saw was the ding on the lower horn, dead center, starring straight at me! I picked up guitar, flipped it around, knowing that there will be another surprise, and sure the back has a ton of buckle swirls on the wood and plastic covers. It was nothing major for a ‘used guitar, with light cosmetic wear’ but not for ‘new/mint/collectors’ guitar George advertised.

So, I texted George, already have a feel what conversation it may be and it sure was. The first thing he texted back after I told him that the guitar is used with obvious signs of wear, was “Please that guitar is in great shape. Did not have lower horn issue”. So, I texted his pictures (attached) and went onto the Ebay link (attached) where PRS was sold…and sure thing, there was one picture, where you cannot see the ding unless you looking for it. He purposely photographed ‘around’ any cosmetics of the guitar. So, I sent him that picture saying that the ding was there when he put the guitar on Ebay, and there is no way you cannot see it. So he texted “I never saw it”. I told him it was impossible to miss something like that, especially after photographing the guitar like he did. He texted “you making it seem intentional. It’s not”. After that he stops responding and not answering my phone calls for a while. After my second call he hanged up on me and texted that “He is busy putting guitar together”.

After my suggestion that we need to rectify the deal with either ship the guitars back or he would cover the difference between brand new guitar and the ‘excellent with light cosmetic blemishes”. He told me that “Deal is done”, “It is crazy to pay shipping and he is not reimbursing anything”.

So, here it is. My first bad feedback. I was giving George all kinds of chances to make it right. Even if he came up clean and said that he was sorry, I’d probably didn’t do anything. But he took the stance that he got one on me and that I am the sucker, and that is the lesson I have to learn.

My warning to all dealing with George is that he will lie, he is not a guitar player and does trading for business (my guitars were on Ebay before I even got his). I understand that many of us doing some “gear whoring” but we all keep it with all the forum trading etiquette in mind. George here to rip you off, and that is his only goal.
Following are the screenshots of how he described the guitar and what it looked in real life
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-PRS-Cu...v ... true&rt=nc

Attachments

• IMG_3733.JPG
    IMG_3733.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,214
  • IMG_3735.JPG
    IMG_3735.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,216
there are bad deals, and they can always be rectified. This was a straight deception from the start...the guy doesn't belong on forums, he should stick around his pawnshop, or whatever he is running.

The guy is now trying to sell Fender Deluxe Strat as an Eric Johnson NAMM Strat for $3500. So he is a legit, well rounded shitbag

Back