Bad experience with Hi Fi Sound Connecti (Nixa, MO) via eBay

If this is not permitted please feel free to delete: (Just looking out for my fellow gear heads)

Feel free to share/spread the word as well, shady business practices should result in lots of negative feedback...

PSA - My experience attempting to buy something from HiFi Sound Connection - Nixa, MO via eBay.

I placed an offer on an ESP E-II Eclipse 7 String package.. Their posting showed 10+ available. They negotiated with me and we agreed to a price and I paid.. The next morning I get an email saying

“Hello,

We hate to have to inform you about this, as we were about to send the ESP ECLIPSE-7 BLKS E-II Eclipse Electric Guitar with 7 Strings Black Satin Finish over to you, we noticed that it was physically damaged and we didn't feel comfortable shipping out a broken product. Sadly that was the last one in stock and this item has already been discontinued.

If you prefer, we can swap your item to another one from our listing, or we can convert your order to store credit which you can use on our next purchase with us, otherwise, we can always process you a refund.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you and we do appreciate your business.”

I immediately asked for pictures of the damage as I may still be interested at a discounted price… They said they had already shipped it back to the manufacturer (not sure how they did that within 45 mins of emailing me to say they couldn’t ship it).. Anyway, so they only had 1 when their posting said 10+ available… Now, either they knew they had none available and still proceeded with the transaction, which is fraud.. Or they negotiated a sale for an item which was damaged and they never inspected - which is a really poor business/sales process. I am pretty confident they simply never had one to begin with.

They offered in store credit or to put the money toward another item.. Or they “can always process a full refund”. I requested a full refund.. Now here we are 5 days later and I still have not gotten my refund and they just keep saying “I have emailed the higher ups to get your refund processed”. You can view this store on Google Maps (1738 N GREGORY DR., NIXA, MO 65714). Judging by the location I can’t imagine they are too busy to immediately process a refund since they were in the wrong.

You try to call and their Customer Service line says that for refunds and online purchases you must email them as their telephone sales reps cannot address any of those items.

I would never buy anything from them, and if anyone ever asks me - I would say “Don’t ever deal with them”… Also - They still have this posting listed with 10+ available despite the fact that I pointed it out to them 5 days ago (along with the fact they have it listed on Reverb as well). This company is SHADY.. I am not overly worried as I know that eBay/PayPal/and my credit card company has protections in place for me, but those things take time, which I should not even have to deal with. I can’t even give negative feedback on the transaction yet because eBay requires you wait 7 days before giving negative feedback (LOL).

Back