Bad Guys to Trade With

steve_k":1n1jgle2 said:
I've done several international deals with Nick and they have all been great, buying or selling. He's always been straight up and is a respected member of the board. Something has to give though......if PP has the money locked up because of the complaint from Philly, then they need to unwind this mess - the amp needs to go back to Nick and the funds released back to the buyer. Doesn't looks like they are anywhere near an amicable solution on settlement.

I've done plenty of deals with Nick as well and he's always been top notch with his gear and packing. I hope this gets worked out as Steve said with PP.

-Brian

To Nick and all his nuthuggers:

I was sold an amp as "new". I received it in "used" condition.

I don't give a crap what any of you who are not involved in this have to say, it is irrelevant how many good deals you've had with Nick, I had a bad one.

All I wanted was my money back for an item that was not as described and nick basically told me " tough shit" ( my words not his)

I had no idea Paypal held the funds. I have never filed a dispute before. I canceled the dispute with PayPal. I'll just take my lumps and walk away.

Nick, you got one over on me on this one. If you would have just apologized and acted like a gentleman, I would probably have told you not to worry about it and that would have been the end of it.

Next time you advertise something as "new" do a thorough inspection before you list it and make sure it is in "new" condition.

Nick, if there is any issue with the PayPal funds, let me know and I'll work with you to make sure they are released.

zee1usa":1ettna0k said:
Phillywood":1ettna0k said:
zee1usa":1ettna0k said:
I do not like to say bad things about anyone as I prefer to make friends vs enemy's. That said, be careful with "Philly wood". Don't say I didn't warn you!

You have quite a set on you.

You ripped me off and I'm the bad guy?

I did not rip you off ! I offered you a refund, just cover my shipping cost. You we're not even man enough to call me and work it out before pulling the PayPal "fire alarm"

This seller zee1usa advertised a "NEW limited edition Marshall AFD100 $1750"

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=116088

He asked for a Paypal gift payment. I told him I did not want to use the gift option but I would add $25 (for a total of $1775). He agreed and I sent the $1775 payment.

The amp arrived and as I was taking it out of the box I noticed 2 gouge marks where the back had been pried off with a screwdriver or some other tool. I stopped right there and contacted the seller and told him that this was not a "NEW" amplifier (as advertised) and I wanted to return it immediately (at my expense) for a refund.

Pics here:

http://00608fe.netsolhost.com/P1010001.JPG
http://00608fe.netsolhost.com/P1010002.JPG

Purchased from a rig talk member brand new with less than an hour and you have the receipt :doh:

He told me that “I got a great deal” and he won’t accept a return. He then a couple days later added some nonsense about restocking fees to his signature here on RT:

Because of people like you, I had to add that.

At the time I bought this amp from him, there were 2 amps for sale cheaper (1 online and 1 local) I only bought this from him (and paid a premium) because he listed it as NEW. This amp is not NEW.

(Prove it) You got a smoking deal

He is not even the original owner of this amp. I contacted the music store listed on the receipt he provided and the store informed me this item was sold to someone with a different name than his and it had been delivered almost a year ago.

you need to ask questions before you buy things such as DATES, photos etc. Also I have proof of 4 members including the purchaser to back up my claims and they are respected forum members here and friends with Brad. The amp was pre ordered on a waiting list is why the dates are different, also I had the amp in my possession for awhile. This does not change the fact that the amp was and is in new condition.

I also believe the tubes have been swapped but cannot prove it. This amp has 5 12ax7 tubes. 3 of them have 2009 date codes and 2 have 2011 date codes. Is it possible Marshall shipped a new amp with 2009 tubes in 2011? I don’t know.

Ya, you don't know! you already admitted to taking apart the amp and if you damaged it and send it back to me that way your going to pay for it

So I ask you Nick, Why would someone have to “be careful” dealing with me? What was it that I, as the buyer, did wrong? You have my $1775 and I have a damaged amp that was advertised as new?

I am not an authorized Marshall dealer. The amp had less than an hour on it, THE AMP WAS NEW and PayPal has your money and you have my amp. Your claims are petty and you have wasted a lot of my time energy and reputation.

Phillywood":vxsr2d9u said:

Understood, it was Brand new and my buddy played it for 20 min realized it was not his tone and I purchased it and did not play it. My buddy Mark did not go inside the amp. The amp from my perspective was new, just not brand new as the box had been opened. Not sure how the small blemish got on the back, but it was not from my buddy or I since pulled from box. I all but wear white gloves when handling amps.

I don't give a crap what any of you who are not involved in this have to say, it is irrelevant how many good deals you've had with Nick, I had a bad one.

I apologize if you feel you were on the wrong end of the deal as it absolutely was not my intention

All I wanted was my money back for an item that was not as described and nick basically told me " tough shit" ( my words not his)

I Offered a refund minus my shipping expense. I emailed you my phone number and asked you to call and you did not.

I had no idea Paypal held the funds. I have never filed a dispute before. I canceled the dispute with PayPal. I'll just take my lumps and walk away.

Ya, as soon as you filed a claim with PP, the funds were removed from my PP account. Thank You for cancelling the dispute.

Nick, you got one over on me on this one. If you would have just apologized and acted like a gentleman, I would probably have told you not to worry about it and that would have been the end of it.

Was not my intention to upset anyone. I feel I acted appropriately, but I respect your opinion.

Next time you advertise something as "new" do a thorough inspection before you list it and make sure it is in "new" condition.

Agreed, but also you need to make sure what your buying. photos, question before purchasing as well. Definitely learned something from this one.

Nick, if there is any issue with the PayPal funds, let me know and I'll work with you to make sure they are released.

PP funds were released. Thank you and sorry for any misunderstanding and your trouble.

zee1usa":vxsr2d9u said:
Phillywood":vxsr2d9u said:
zee1usa":vxsr2d9u said:
I do not like to say bad things about anyone as I prefer to make friends vs enemy's. That said, be careful with "Philly wood". Don't say I didn't warn you!

I did not rip you off ! I offered you a refund, just cover my shipping cost. You we're not even man enough to call me and work it out before pulling the PayPal "fire alarm"

He asked for a Paypal gift payment. I told him I did not want to use the gift option but I would add $25 (for a total of $1775). He agreed and I sent the $1775 payment.

The amp arrived and as I was taking it out of the box I noticed 2 gouge marks where the back had been pried off with a screwdriver or some other tool. I stopped right there and contacted the seller and told him that this was not a "NEW" amplifier (as advertised) and I wanted to return it immediately (at my expense) for a refund.

Pics here:

Purchased from a rig talk member brand new with less than an hour and you have the receipt :doh:

He told me that “I got a great deal” and he won’t accept a return. He then a couple days later added some nonsense about restocking fees to his signature here on RT:

At the time I bought this amp from him, there were 2 amps for sale cheaper (1 online and 1 local) I only bought this from him (and paid a premium) because he listed it as NEW. This amp is not NEW.

He is not even the original owner of this amp. I contacted the music store listed on the receipt he provided and the store informed me this item was sold to someone with a different name than his and it had been delivered almost a year ago.

you need to ask questions before you buy things such as DATES, photos etc. Also I have proof of 4 members including the purchaser to back up my claims and they are respected forum members here and friends with Brad. The amp was pre ordered on a waiting list is why the dates are different, also I had the amp in my possession for awhile. This does not change the fact that the amp was and is in new condition.

I also believe the tubes have been swapped but cannot prove it. This amp has 5 12ax7 tubes. 3 of them have 2009 date codes and 2 have 2011 date codes. Is it possible Marshall shipped a new amp with 2009 tubes in 2011? I don’t know.

Ya, you don't know! you already admitted to taking apart the amp and if you damaged it and send it back to me that way your going to pay for it

So I ask you Nick, Why would someone have to “be careful” dealing with me? What was it that I, as the buyer, did wrong? You have my $1775 and I have a damaged amp that was advertised as new?

I am not an authorized Marshall dealer. The amp had less than an hour on it, THE AMP WAS NEW and PayPal has your money and you have my amp. Your claims are petty and you have wasted a lot of my time energy and reputation.

Nick, please accept my virtual handshake and lets both learn to be better buyers/sellers from our experience.

zee1usa":1po16pra said:
Phillywood":1po16pra said:

Understood, it was Brand new and my buddy played it for 20 min realized it was not his tone and I purchased it and did not play it. My buddy Mark did not go inside the amp. The amp from my perspective was new, just not brand new as the box had been opened. Not sure how the small blemish got on the back, but it was not from my buddy or I since pulled from box. I all but wear white gloves when handling amps.

I apologize if you feel you were on the wrong end of the deal as it absolutely was not my intention

I Offered a refund minus my shipping expense. I emailed you my phone number and asked you to call and you did not.

Ya, as soon as you filed a claim with PP, the funds were removed from my PP account. Thank You for cancelling the dispute.

Was not my intention to upset anyone. I feel I acted appropriately, but I respect your opinion.

Agreed, but also you need to make sure what your buying. photos, question before purchasing as well. Definitely learned something from this one.

PP funds were released. Thank you and sorry for any misunderstanding and your trouble.

Phillywood":1po16pra said:

Pics here:

Phillywood":1rtkbm4a said:
Nick, please accept my virtual handshake and lets both learn to be better buyers/sellers from our experience.

Accepted, Thank You. Will do for sure! :rock:

zee1usa":1rtkbm4a said:

Pics here:

Phillywood":3cd70n1c said:

zee1usa":3cd70n1c said:
Phillywood":3cd70n1c said:
zee1usa":3cd70n1c said:

Pics here:

Nuthuggers? Wow Phillywood you're a real class act my man!! Good luck doing deals here in the future.

Nuthuggers? Wow Phillywood you're a real class act my man!! Good luck doing deals here in the future.[/

Greg, Words can not express how bad it breaks my heart that you don't like me.. I'm...not...sure....I...can....go....on.......

Phillywood":2fy5rhaa said:
Nuthuggers? Wow Phillywood you're a real class act my man!! Good luck doing deals here in the future.[/

Greg, Words can not express how bad it breaks my heart that you don't like me.. I'm...not...sure....I...can....go....on.......

You bet Philly, I think the lesson you should walk away with on this is the next time you buy an amp and dont like it, just resell it. Dont make marks on it and try to ruin a guys name that has bought and sold a ton of gear without issues. It's that simple. :D :thumbsup:

Purchased a Bogner Fish from forum member "fireeffectz" on 10/31/12. http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125308&p=1462414#p1462414I sent him a PM the following week on 11/5/12 asking if the Fish had been shipped and if he had a tracking number for me. He responded on 11/6/12 stating that he was going to drop it off at UPS after work that day and said he would send me a tracking number. I requested the tracking number again on 11/7/12 and never heard back from him. On 11/9/12 I sent him a PM explaining that I was going to open a resolution case with Paypal if I didn't hear from him within the next couple of days. He never responded to me(even though I could see he was reading the PM's I sent him) and I proceeded with opening a case with Paypal, which I soon turned into a claim when he wouldn't respond. He never responded to Paypal's inquiries and they refunded my purchase in full on 11/26/12. Everything turned out ok on my end as I was refunded for my purchase but wanted to make other forum members aware of my dealings with "fireeffectz" in hopes of keeping someone from getting ripped-off by this guy. PM if you have any questions. Thanks!

bubs_42...

Paid Shipping for a neck and body... guy just dried up and I never recieved my stuff.

At least it was just shipping...

And at this point... I have been waiting for a year for a box that was "ready to go"

:doh: :gethim:

jimbanzini aka jupagblkxten aka jim ulrich. Dude had a particular amp I wanted to buy back in 2011. He said he wasn't interested then, but I told him whenever he's ready to unload it, hit me up. So then he emails me out of the blue in Nov 2014 saying he's looking to sell it and I immediately hopped on the opportunity saying "cool I got the money, how do I send you payment"?

Then he just dipped out on me and I haven't heard from him since.

I sent him about 3 follow-up emails but heard nothing back. No replies, nada. I hope the dude didn't get hit by a bus or anything. I never paid him for anything, so it's not foul-play, just would've been cool to get a head's up if he wasn't interested anymore or if something else happened. Was an annoying tease to have it dangled in front of me again and then vanish. :( :aww: :confused:

rottingcorpse":10u0gsof said:
Mailman packed the dual recto I bought from him with USED gay porn magazines. Pages were stuck together. I was unable to see any of the good parts of the pictures. My dog wound up chewing on the paper and got sick. 6 months later she had the ugliest, mutant puppys I had ever seen....

The recto worked fine.

Thanks for sharing.... I think :LOL: :LOL:

rottingcorpse":2ukroxhq said:
Mailman packed the dual recto I bought from him with USED gay porn magazines. Pages were stuck together. I was unable to see any of the good parts of the pictures. My dog wound up chewing on the paper and got sick. 6 months later she had the ugliest, mutant puppys I had ever seen....

The recto worked fine.
You are just a bitter dead beat dad. They miss their father. Step up.
Look at little Jacob. He is the spitting image of you.
You only got your way with me because you got me liquored up and said you love me.

Mailman1971":1mnqq13y said:
rottingcorpse":1mnqq13y said:

The recto worked fine.
You are just a bitter dead beat dad. They miss their father. Step up.
Look at little Jacob. He is the spitting image of you.
You only got your way with me because you got me liquored up and said you love me.

your both a couple of whores. you each told me you loved me, and all it took was a 40 of pbr.... :cry:

Not sure if he is a Rigtalk member: Nathan Weddington Florence Kentucky Ripped me off on ebay with the "item never arrived" scam.

Back