Bad Guys to Trade With

King Guitar

Banned
If you have had a negative transaction with a Rig-Talk member please post up here with the username and brief details of the transaction.

Seeing that this was my idea I'll start it off.

80sglamleftover - proceed with caution

I'm giving N. Colson a proceed with caution rating because the gear did show up, but it took a long time and was packed poorly.

I purchased a compressor pedal. The box was second or third hand.
One 2"x2" square of tape holding the lid closed. It was easy to put your finger in the box and touch the pedal.
Packing material was roughly the equivalent of 4 or 5 sandwich baggies worth of plastic. Not packed tightly or securely.

Shipping was parcel post. The label was barely visible from handling wear.
Thumbs up to the USPS for getting it here at all.
Note to Nick, use more tape! On the seams and at the very least covering the "deliver to" address.

The pedal itself was in great condition and as advertised.
Until Nick steps up his packing/shipping habits, I cannot recommend him as a seller.

R~

I'll 2nd that notion. Worst deal yet on any forum. I'm just glad I actually got the amp I bought from this guy...
80sglamleftover :thumbsdown:
Brad should Ban this piece of :jerkit:
he shouldn't be allowed to sell anything more here, since he has nothing to provide other than lies, incomprehensibly bad lack of packaging, and absolutely zero communication skills once he has taken your money.
Please reference the following thread that I have linked below...and You will see, I bought a nice Marshall amp, and never knew when it was being shipped, or how, and no answers after repeated emails asking about it, and the phone number was someone else's that I was provided, and 4 different emails cropped up, 2 to accept money from, and 2 for communication, all of which, none of them were used to respond to emails inquiring about this purchase. Then when the amp actually came in, it was packaged terribly, had broken parts, and I had to pay to get it fixed. I gave up on even asking the seller to cover his part as a result of his bad packaging.
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82744

The plus side, I actually got the amp.
The negative, everything else.

Buyer Beware! You might get whatever you buy from him, but what condition will it be in?
:gethim:

SirBoye aka The Hoff. proceed with caution.

the amp did show up, and on time, but it was packed very poorly, he didn't include the power cord or all the preamp tubes, and the FX loop didn't work. and he never answered my PMs about it.

the amp, a head, was packed vertically not horizontally. it was taped up in in an old scrap box, and that was put inside a thin house-mover's box with a wad of styrofoam peanuts and some newspaper. so when i got it, the taped-up amp was loose inside the outer box and rolling around. thankfully there was no major damage.

he had pulled the tubes and wrapped them, but he forgot one of the preamp tubes and the power cord. and the FX loop was broken--it cut in and out for five minutes, then died completely. i don't know if it was broken when he had the amp or if it broke in shipping. i repaired it myself, with tech help from the manufacturer.

i PM'd SirBoye about these things three times in two weeks and got zero reply.

more details are in this post:
viewtopic.php?p=955180#p955180

i've also gotten PMs from three other r-t'ers who had similar problems with SirBoye--the amps he sold them did show up and on time, but were packed poorly and got damaged and/or had minor things broken.

if those guys prefer not to go public, that's cool--it's their call. for me, if good packing, perfect working order, and communication after the sale are important to you, i can't recommend SirBoye as a seller.

UPDATE: i've learned that SirBoye is still on r-t buying and selling under a new user account, The Hoff. proceed with caution.

NEW UPDATE: SirBoye aka The Hoff PM'd me wanting to make things right re: our deal. he sent me the missing power chord and preamp tube and a $20-spot for the inconvenience, which was very cool of him. thanks.

_actual time_":szs02598 said:
SirBoye - Ryan Boye. proceed with caution.

the amp did show up, and on time, but it was packed very poorly, he didn't include the power cord or all the preamp tubes, and the FX loop didn't work. and he never answered my PMs about it.

the amp, a head, was packed vertically not horizontally. it was taped up in in an old scrap box, and that was put inside a thin house-mover's box with a wad of styrofoam peanuts and some newspaper. so when i got it, the taped-up amp was loose inside the outer box and rolling around. thankfully there was no major damage.

he had pulled the tubes and wrapped them, but he forgot one of the preamp tubes and the power cord. and the FX loop was broken--it cut in and out for five minutes, then died completely. i don't know if it was broken when he had the amp or if it broke in shipping. i repaired it myself, with tech help from the manufacturer.

i've also gotten PMs from three other r-t'ers who had similar problems with SirBoye--the amps he sold them did show up and on time, but were packed poorly and got damaged and/or had minor things broken.

if those guys prefer not to go public, that's cool--it's their call. for me, if good packing, perfect working order, and communication after the sale are important to you, i can't recommend SirBoye as a seller.

UPDATE: i've learned that he's still on r-t buying and selling under a new user account. proceed with caution.

I was one who PM'd _actual time_

Sirboye didn't pack my amp well (much as described by _actual time_) but he did step up and cover the cost of a new headshell in a timely manner with little resistance.

mooncobra

Bought an AKG C 3000B mic from mooncobra

First of all, I was worried he might have scammed me, because the day he said he shipped out the mic, he stopped communication and said he had to look for the tracking number. I sent him numerous PMs asking for the tracking number, all of which went unread, so I was getting very worried. I was stupid and didn't ask or his phone number or other info, but I've seen he did a lot of deals before...

Well it looks like he did ship the mic and I finally did get it. He never told me that he was shipping USPS so I didn't know what to anticipate it in, but I guess that's just being critical in my part.

The mic he advertised wasn't really in excellent shape like he said in his original thread (now deleted). I should have gotten pictures (another bad thing on my part), but I did trust his word for that. Looks like it was heavily used, smells like smoke, dings all around, dirty, adhesive on it, and a shitty packing job (a bunch of random pieces of styrofoam in a tiny box, not the kind of care you'd expect for a fragile piece of audio equipment, especially a mic). In a pm he said "I package everything I ship extremely well", and that was obviously not the case.

MOONCOBRA - RESPONSE TO POST ABOVE

The mic was packaged well and covered in a thick and heavy foam, it could not have gotten hurt. i said the mic was in good condition, I gave you a killer deal, i paid about $575 for it and sold it for either $100 or $125 because I needed cash for bills, it was a really good deal for you, and I am sorry I forgot to send the tracking number, but I did send the mic the day you paid or the day after. The mic was in a small box, but on all sides, it was protected by thick, heavy, and buoyant foam, it was perfectly safe. The mic was in perfect working order, I tried it out right before I sent it and it worked perfect and sounded great.

*I am truly sorry for forgetting the tracking number, it was the only time I ever forgot to send it, but that surely does not warrant a bad trade or sale, I told you I sent it. I also noticed that this is the second time you are posting that this was a bad transaction.
If you do a search for my name "MOONCOBRA" on this forum, look at the feedback I have from other sellers, it is stellar, some of the rig talkers said it was the best customer service they have ever had on rig talk. off the top of my head, these are people I have traded, sold, and bought from and would give me very high ratings, the majority bought high end amps from me.
metalhead
dual lead - sold him an amp a few days ago
texmarkmusic
cyndicate
amp addict
steve39stripes
krueger
joshsage
sharkdiver
prvv
lolzgreg
matrixclaw - sold him an amp a few days ago
wilderamps
putnut77
edin van halen
rareguitar
jdub
jharpersj
just42dave
immeresed? i think that was his name, sold him a VH4
jkdsteve

*off the top of my head, these are the guys I have done deals with, the majority of them I have sold stuff to, and EVERY ONE OF THEM WILL GIVE ME A GREAT REVIEW, amps were packed well, shipped same or next day, and got them tracking numbers immediately. If anyone has questions, talk to one of the guys I listed above. They will say the deals we participated in went smooth, fast, and without any problems. If a problem did occur, like an amp getting mishandled and damaged by the carrier, no matter how well it was packed, I went out of my way dealing with Fedex making sure they got the insurance money on the amp, as I always insure the package for the full value of the amp.

There are other rig talkers as well, I just cant remember all their names off of the top of my head. I am a good member of rig talk with many, many members who would wouch for me.

_actual time_":ixx0jptf said:

UPDATE: i've learned that Ryan Boye aka SirBoye is still on r-t buying and selling under a new user account, The Hoff. proceed with caution.

If this is the case, wouldn't the admins have access to their IP address' to sort this out? I think it's good to have a section for calling these people out. 80's glam looks ready for the Ban Hammer with 3 transactions in the gutter.

snowdog":9scgpdtv said:
_actual time_":9scgpdtv said:

UPDATE: i've learned that Ryan Boye aka SirBoye is still on r-t buying and selling under a new user account, The Hoff. proceed with caution.

If this is the case, wouldn't the admins have access to their IP address' to sort this out? I think it's good to have a section for calling these people out. 80's glam looks ready for the Ban Hammer with 3 transactions in the gutter.

As it is easy to change Monikers, the only real protection that anyone has is to post the persons real name. I would recommend talking to Brad and clearing everything through him first..

Kage

I had a deal with SirBoye/TheHoff. He didn't pack it well and damage to the headshell occurred. He took full responsibility for it and covered the cost of me getting a new headshell (with little resistance) within 2 days of me receiving. He now needs to read up on how to pack better. lol. I don't know where things stand on his othe deals he had problems with, but he did step up in my deal - which occurred around the same time. I'd probably do a deal with him again, I'd just make sure I know exactly how he planned to pack it. :yes: :LOL: :LOL:

mhenson42":hquffljk said:
I had a deal with SirBoye/TheHoff. ... He now needs to read up on how to pack better. ... I don't know where things stand on his other deals he had problems with, but he did step up in my deal ....
after all this came out, SirBoye/TheHoff has PM'd me re: my deal with him and apologized and said he's sent me the stuff that was missing when he shipped me the amp.

the broken FX loop we think must have happened during shipping, so the poor packing i agree with mhenson42, is still an issue for me if i'm ever going to buy from him again.

i am pleased that he's stepping up re: my deal. i'll update here when i get the stuff.

The Hoff":3adn6onn said:
Ya. I'm the same guy. Changed my name because makemusic85 kept harassing me and brought it over to rig-talk. I may look suspicious now because of this but I simply decided to ignore him after all the b.s..

But ya-I guess I will try and tell my end of the story:
I sold him a 1981 Gibson SG that I had refinished by Pat Wilkins. I honestly don't remember the exact amount but I think it was $600. It had a brand new Suhr Aldrich set and new wiring. obviously I would have asked for more than $600 if it hadn't had a neck repair. I told him about this on the phone. Apparently he even sent messages to tgp administrators where I was telling him I'd pay him back or something....? Don't know how that could have happened, I never sent such messages. Either way, I figured I would ignore him-my conscious was clear so, I just left it as the, "same old gear page crap that you always hear about."

Actual time, I've sent you a PM, I'll get that power cord out to you, I hadn't been on my sirboye account since, I was tired of his harassment. A buddy of mine (solid snake) just sent me a text right now saying this thread was on here. I have numerous references from people who know I am a legit buyer/seller.

I apologize for what I'm sure looks suspicious but-I figured I'd just save myself the headache and start a new reputation since this guy was set on ruining mine because of what I figured was buyers remorse.

And with the amp I shipped with "poor packing" was really just a dumb decision on my end. I shipped it standing vertically and it caused some pressure on the head, I sent payment for a new head cabinet thus taking full responsibility for that poor decision. I would have done the same if I had been in the wrong with this guy as well but-I wasn't.

I will send pics of my step-to-step process of packing to anyone who is hesitant dealing with me. (I will be doing this-making it habit-for every amp/guitar I pack). I learned my lesson from my previous dumb packing decision. For whatever idiotic reason I did not think about the issues involved with shipping an amp standing vertically.

_actual time_":22zpvf5p said:
after all this came out, SirBoye/TheHoff has PM'd me re: my deal with him and apologized and said he's sent me the stuff that was missing when he shipped me the amp.

UPDATE: SirBoye aka The Hoff did send me the missing power chord and preamp tube, plus a $20-spot for the inconvenience, which was very cool of him. thanks.

I had a not very pleasant deal with gbsmusic. He wrote me that he had what I was looking for. We talk for a few days and I was organizing payment ant everything a few days and I wrote him that everything is set and I will pay the money as soon as I can. He said he will send the unit as soon as he gets the money and a few hours later he wrote me that he sold the unit to another guy. Just wasted my time. Not very reliable seller.

KarolisZ":368a4k5r said:
I had a not very pleasant deal with gbsmusic. He wrote me that he had what I was looking for. We talk for a few days and I was organizing payment ant everything a few days and I wrote him that everything is set and I will pay the money as soon as I can. He said he will send the unit as soon as he gets the money and a few hours later he wrote me that he sold the unit to another guy. Just wasted my time. Not very reliable seller.

Lots of tire kickers say their sending the dough and never do. Not saying your that guy but I have delt with Gbsmusic several times without a hitch both on buy and sell. That said I pay within minutes of buying and he did the same for me so it is what it is.

KarolisZ":137k2s9l said:

The seller has no obligation to wait for you to pay unless he says that he will. It's the risk you take when you don't have the $ ready.

johnpace2":1ffj9stu said:
KarolisZ":1ffj9stu said:

The seller has no obligation to wait for you to pay unless he says that he will. It's the risk you take when you don't have the $ ready.
You snooze.........you lose! :LOL: :LOL:
Got to have a fast PAYPAL finger around here. ;)

KarolisZ":1af3gsqv said:

WOW!!! I just read this! YOU ASSHOLE!!!!! I cant believe you wrote this about me!! I honestly go out of my way to make people happy and I always follow up with people to make sure all is well. You badmouth me like this because you lost out on a deal???? You told me time and time again that you would be able to send the money in a few days or so. Then you said you couldn't set up a Paypal account because you dont have a phone, you only use wireless and you live out of the country, so you said you would have your Brother call me to see if I was legit and maybe he could send me the money so I waited and then talked to him and everything went well when I did talk to him everything was fine. Then I hear back from you a day later and you said you might send the money in a few days. All this time I was bumping my item for sale, I never wrote sold pending Payment. It became a pain in the ass and some one ended up buying it before you, its that simple. I wrote you and told you I was sorry to do this but I needed the money so I sold the item. I have not and would not jerk some one around. Brad, I thank you for the words. Johnpace2, & Mailman also thanks for chiming in.

KarolisZ":99s94wb1 said:
Sorry but - WHAT!? For future deals, you should offer to pay half now half later, something like that if it matters that much to you. No money = not putting it on hold. And some people aren't even comfortable with that.

Back