Cameron Ocean Mod

steve_k

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome in every way. The EQ changes are great and the style shift. Full of punch without any extra tubes. SS FX loop is great with the TC2290.

Steve

Well, I didn't care much for the CCV. That's not to say it isn't a decent amp. I would much rather have this Ocean Mod than a CCV. It the Golub Aldrich mod and the amp I just got from Mike Fortin all have tones that strike me as unique. The CCV is too grainy at decent gain levels. Its articulate and carries a good bit of bottom end. I am just not big on the high gain Jose stuff, but rather the amp carry some Marshall character.

Steve

I used to own that amp......great amp and it has the best effects loop that doesnt mess with the tone of the amp and guitar. Depending on how you set it up, you can also get a really nice clean tone out of that amp. Enjoy it. :rock:

steve_k":ft1rplc9 said:
Well, I didn't care much for the CCV. That's not to say it isn't a decent amp. I would much rather have this Ocean Mod than a CCV. It the Golub Aldrich mod and the amp I just got from Mike Fortin all have tones that strike me as unique. The CCV is too grainy at decent gain levels. Its articulate and carries a good bit of bottom end. I am just not big on the high gain Jose stuff, but rather the amp carry some Marshall character.

Steve

:cry:

do u have any pics of it? whats done different to the circuit then his other mods? how does it differ tonally then say the stuff u had done by golub?

psychodave":1biik1os said:
The Ocean mods are killer. Danhops has one that is godly. Everyone at the HOM wants it. :LOL: :LOL:

:yes: :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL:

There are two cameron amplifiers that I thought were simply stunning. One of course was Danny Hops' Ocean Modded Marshall and the other is Nicks Mutant Aldrich. I have not heard or played their Equal. If I had to pick a winner out of the bunch though it would be Nicks Aldrich. I have never heard one like it. That amp is just insane ;)

The Jose stuff is awesome but I prefer The Aldrich and Ocean mods.

joepete77":2yl5vdi4 said:
do u have any pics of it? whats done different to the circuit then his other mods? how does it differ tonally then say the stuff u had done by golub?

The Ocean I have has no additional preamp tubes for gain. The Zener's are plentiful though. Push/pull style knob, sat knob, pull treble for bright. The style pulled gets it to something different than a typical Marshall tone and the sat dials it in. The master has a funky taper on it though. Its either all or nothing within a short movement. But, the amp kicks ass and I really like it--alot. The Golub Aldrich is totally different. Nothing fancy, no push/pulls - just straight gain. Its is top heavy with a lot of thump for chops though. It and the Cameron really mate up good together when you A/B/Y them.

Steve

Gainfreak":2sngifh3 said:
psychodave":2sngifh3 said:
The Ocean mods are killer. Danhops has one that is godly. Everyone at the HOM wants it. :LOL: :LOL:

There are two cameron amplifiers that I thought were simply stunning. One of course was Danny Hops' Ocean Modded Marshall and the other is Nicks Mutant Aldrich. I have not heard or played their Equal. If I had to pick a winner out of the bunch though it would be Nicks Aldrich. I have never heard one like it. That amp is just insane ;)

Nicks Amp is INSANE... Sounds Like It's Ripping Shit Apart! :LOL: :LOL:

Roid

RoidRage":19mdz85z said:
Gainfreak":19mdz85z said:
psychodave":19mdz85z said:

Roid

I agree! Great analogy lol :D :rock:

Gainfreak":1qdsk7q2 said:
RoidRage":1qdsk7q2 said:
Gainfreak":1qdsk7q2 said:
psychodave":1qdsk7q2 said:

Roid

I agree! Great analogy lol :D :rock:

My aldrich is fucking insane :D

Neeeeeecrobump.. sorry.

Can someone school me a bit on Camerons mods?
Ocean, Jose, Hi-gain Low gain, CCV, Atomica.. all the variations, that's the difference? I need to learn a bit Camerons.

Gainfreak":vde70cgj said:
psychodave":vde70cgj said:

I agree with this completely.
I now have this MONSTER.Nicks amp.
Its also called the Uberschall mod which Mark only did two.
It has a setting that is so unbelieveable words cant describe it.
The voicing of the amp is something special and just the right amount
of magic.
Bottom end like nothing you've felt or heard. F'kin downright brutal.
Bad ass amp fellas! :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_j8pTfRpdk.
This is only one of the many combinations you can run the amp.
Lots of VERY useful features :thumbsup:

Back