Interested in a Cameron Atomica in 2015

keennay

Hey all,

Am I right to assume there was only one run of these amps, 20 total? I'm interested in purchasing a used one (and plan on creating a WTB thread in the appropriate section), but wanted to ask here in case there's another version of these amps I'm unaware of... aside from the Modded Marshalls.

And yes I know of the 'history' behind these amps, but I'm uninterested in that discussion. I've wanted this amp for a while and I've finally saved up for one! ;)

Thanks,
Nick

keennay":18dstz60 said:
Hey all,

Am I right to assume there was only one run of these amps, 20 total? I'm interested in purchasing a used one (and plan on creating a WTB thread in the appropriate section), but wanted to ask here in case there's another version of these amps I'm unaware of... aside from the Modded Marshalls.

And yes I know of the 'history' behind these amps, but I'm uninterested in that discussion. I've wanted this amp for a while and I've finally saved up for one! ;)

Thanks,
Nick

Good luck!! I am sure if you contact Dave Friedman, he may be able to help.

Good luck on your search. It will be well worth the effort if you can find one. The Atomica and Old Bitch are two of my all time favorite amps in over 42 years as a guitar player.

IMG_7170_zps314a7adb.jpg

Jerry Dyer at Surreal amps has his own Atomica style amps for sale, there's one on here right now somewhere, I don't know how close it is to the Cameron though...good luck.

edit : It's drewiv that has it for sale...$1300.00

paulyc":2cxfjgnm said:
Jerry Dyer at Surreal amps has his own Atomica style amps for sale, there's one on here right now somewhere, I don't know how close it is to the Cameron though...good luck.

Yup, it's my Surreal. I'd definitely say the Surreal has a basic Cameron tone, but that only makes sense seeing Jerry worked with Mark for a while.

drewiv":24szgh2w said:
paulyc":24szgh2w said:

Yup, it's my Surreal. I'd definitely say the Surreal has a basic Cameron tone, but that only makes sense seeing Jerry worked with Mark for a while.

Cleaning house Drew? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

drewiv":3rn70lpp said:
metalmaniac93":3rn70lpp said:

I've been trying, but it sure doesn't look like it. When I moved I realized how much gear I have. :no:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Well it does accumulate!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I am glad I only have two amps and about two handfuls of guitars!! Trying to keep it simple!!

metalmaniac93":y1fxqyu6 said:
drewiv":y1fxqyu6 said:
metalmaniac93":y1fxqyu6 said:

I've been trying, but it sure doesn't look like it. When I moved I realized how much gear I have. :no:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Well it does accumulate!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I am glad I only have two amps and about two handfuls of guitars!! Trying to keep it simple!!
Yup, 18 years in one house things tend to accumulate.

Thanks everyone!

What speakers were originally voiced for this amp (or came by default in the Cameron 4x12 cabs)?

Yes, my Cameron cab is factory loaded with Celestion G12H30 Anniversary's and it sounds fantastic. The Cameron's sound good though V30's in my Bogner Cab as well, but my G12H30 loaded Mojave and Cameron cabs definitely sound the most magical with the Cameron's.

I loaded my Cameron Cab with V30s. Sound awesome with the Atomica. I also use it with a Splawn 4X12 (V30/G12H30 70th Anny Mix) and a Marshall BHW (Heritage G12H 75 and G12H 55 mix).

Sweet, thanks again.

Were there 2 runs of this amp: a Mark Cameron then later a Brad King... or am I thinking of the CCVs?

I believe there was only one run...Brad and Dave era. The CCVs were pre Brad, then Brad era, and then a few after Brad with another partner (SteveK got one)...

paulyc":11ogd1dh said:
I believe there was only one run...Brad and Dave era. The CCVs were pre Brad, then Brad era, and then a few after Brad with another partner (SteveK got one)...

Yes, only one Atomica run in 2012.

Back